Problems with new Xbox One S

LucasDerpYT

We are switching from a Xbox 360 to a Xbox One S 500GB. 

We have Far Cry 4, Borderlands, Skyrim and a few other games for the 360. When we insert the 360 discs into the One S and go to the store page, it doesnt recognize that we own it. 

We had 2 accounts in use on the 360 and only 1 ported over (I had to make a new one). So, how do we get our 360 games over to the One S without buying them again?

This forum probably ain't the best place to put a console question... Also it probably isn't helpful calling the people trying to help you stupid.

Maybe go to r/techsupport or something.

EDIT: Well what did I say. You called the person trying to help you stupid and now you ain't getting any help from them.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, Clear17Mud said:

well fuck you too! now I wont help you thanks for your reply...

Microsoft hasnt given me any help yet despite multiple visits to their website, and you literally did nothing to help

Just now, LucasDerpYT said:

Microsoft hasnt given me any help yet despite multiple visits to their website, and you literally did nothing to help

also only borderlands was on that list... and the only game i have used with backwards compatibility is halo reach and i only stuck the disk in and it installed a 2 gb download and then it would play, but it still needed the disk to play.

4 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

How stupid are ye? All those games that i listed are available on the Xbox One, so im wondering WHY CANT WE DOWNLOAD THE GAMES WE HAVE FROM THE 360 ONTO OUR 1. READ IT.

Even though the game is on xbox one, the 360 version is not on the backwards compatibility list

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

1 minute ago, Clear17Mud said:

also only borderlands was on that list... and the only game i have used with backwards compatibility is halo reach and i only stuck the disk in and it installed a 2 gb download and then it would play, but it still needed the disk to play.

We only have the 360 download

And, you cannot re download the games on the one. You have to buy a key for the one licence.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

1 minute ago, LucasDerpYT said:

Then you're screwed.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

7 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

How stupid are ye? All those games that i listed are available on the Xbox One, so im wondering WHY CANT WE DOWNLOAD THE GAMES WE HAVE FROM THE 360 ONTO OUR 1. READ IT.

@Clear17Mud was correct. Maybe consider our answers.

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

6 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

Have you contacted MS support? Chat with the agent? Ask at their forum? Doing reaserch? GOOGLING?

sorry I don't know how the downloads work. I think that they ended the "up-trading" with the xbox one, and the games that are on both systems don't get backwards compatibility, because it was already made for the xbox one, and they don't let you use the same game for both. its like how I would have to buy Overwatch again if I wanted to play it on my xbox.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Have you contacted MS support? Chat with the agent? Ask at their forum? Doing reaserch? GOOGLING?

of fuckin course. I google and research before asking the forum, I only ask if i cant find a clear question

1 minute ago, JefferyD90 said:

Get a PC...  Problem solved.

no the problem he is having would still persist...

You need the disk I think un;less its on a downloadable backwards compatibitly list (is that a thing?) and please leave this forum if you're gonna be rude to people who like to help. Also why dont you just play the on xbox 360????

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

You need the disk I think un;less its on a downloadable backwards compatibitly list (is that a thing?) and please leave this forum if you're gonna be rude to people who like to help. Also why dont you just play the on xbox 360????

yeah i have my 360 still for that reason, because the 360 emulations on the one are usually broken.

Because I have already gotten use to the one UI and the 360 has started to act up on our HDMI connection, also the AV composite looks like SHIT

A simple search tells the game is not on the list (Except Borderlands)

2 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

of fuckin course. I google and research before asking the forum, I only ask if i cant find a clear question

Just now, LucasDerpYT said:

get tf outta here, I use both, if someone wants a console let them have one. And I dont want to have to buy a 30 dollar game 2 times, So..... yea, get out

Well if you would have bought it on the PC first, you would have only bought it once.  Not my fault you bought the wrong product.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

1 minute ago, JefferyD90 said:

Actually... no it wouldn't.  Backwards compatibility isn't a issue on the PC.  You don't have to worry about what color of console you got to determine what will run.

no he would have to re buy his games still that he has on his xbox 360...

Your edit is still wrong.

It's not. Also take into account the price of the console, +$50-$60 for online and if you are scummy to companies (you seem like that kind of guy), you can get AAA games like Far Cry 4, GTA V, ECT for $5-$30. For example, I got Shadow of Mordor for a friend for $6

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

It's not. Also take into account the price of the console, +$50-$60 for online and if you are scummy to companies (you seem like that kind of guy), you can get AAA games like Far Cry 4, GTA V, ECT for $5-$30. For example, I got Shadow of Mordor for a friend for $6

Yup. Steam Sales are the best.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yup. Steam Sales are the best.

And Steam Sales. I was more or less talking about Kinguin ECT lel

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

What blows my mind is that even AFTER you insult and cuss people out who are genuinely trying to help you, they still try and give you advice and yet you continue to insult and cuss them out. I'm thinking you're just incompetent towards technology and taking it out on others even when they showed no ill will towards you.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

I actually do know my fair bit about it (more than an average consumer) and know what is going on around the industry. Again, only cussing out the one person who is contributing nothing and just being a jerk. 

Well to be fair I did see someone being a bit of a jerk, i.e. the guy just recommending a PC, but you did cuss out the guy who gave you the link to check which Xbox 360 games are backwards compatible with the Xbox One

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo