Why does the Rode PSA1 not drop in price?

Why is it that this particular arm almost never seems to drop in cost?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D7UYBO/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=163531472797&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7512782589486004684&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010496&hvtargid=kwd-66105476298&ref=pd_sl_2blf4rrq6r_b

Also, why does Amazon keep recommending a cruddier arm as the "successor" to this one...from a different brand?

It does drop in price, use the Camelizer extension for chome and it'll show you. It was $65 in August. 

5 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

Why is it that this particular arm almost never seems to drop in cost?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D7UYBO/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=163531472797&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7512782589486004684&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010496&hvtargid=kwd-66105476298&ref=pd_sl_2blf4rrq6r_b

Also, why does Amazon keep recommending a cruddier arm as the "successor" to this one...from a different brand?

You don't need something this expensive.  The screw thread for attaching mic holders is basically standard regardless of the brand.  Just buy any mic arm you can afford and that has a good rating.

The Rode is probably pricey like this due to manufacturing costs and brand name.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Problem is that I have a Blue Yeti and I'm going to use a Radius ii mount and those are too weighty for a lot of arms. So, given this situation, what would you recommend for 2.5+ pounds of weight?

23 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

Problem is that I have a Blue Yeti and I'm going to use a Radius ii mount and those are too weighty for a lot of arms. So, given this situation, what would you recommend for 2.5+ pounds of weight?

Alright, if you provide us with an explanation like this saying you want something that can support the weight, we can look up something that is reasonably priced for you.  Give me a few mins.

OK I looked on B&H because I prefer their search engine than Amazon for looking up audio, photo and video products.  And also because I trust them to carry reliable products (if not always the best).  Here is what I found, a bit cheaper than the Rode PSA and can support 3.6lbs.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1056202-REG/auray_bae_2n_two_section_broadcast_arm.html

Or get a nice floor boom stand, they are usually cheaper and they can support heavier weights.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins