RAM won't click into mobo [solved]

Phil9943

I'm building my first pc and I got some evga (?) ram that's ddr4. I have two stick of 8 gigs and a ddr4 motherboard and CPU. I've made sure that the notch in the ram lines up with the memory slot, and when I click open the lever on the side and push the ram in, the notch on the side doesn't go back down. I've used plenty of pressure and applied it evenly and it still won't go in. Don't want to break the ram but I don't think it's the amount of force in question. I'll post a picture so you guys can see.

image.jpg

Also here is what the levers on the side look like, I don't known if this is normal or not

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Phil9943 said:

I'm building my first pc and I got some evga (?) ram that's ddr4. I have two stick of 8 gigs and a ddr4 motherboard and CPU. I've made sure that the notch in the ram lines up with the memory slot, and when I click open the lever on the side and push the ram in, the notch on the side doesn't go back down. I've used plenty of pressure and applied it evenly and it still won't go in. Don't want to break the ram but I don't think it's the amount of force in question. I'll post a picture so you guys can see.

image.jpg

check the socket, see if there is anything that is blocking your ram from going in properly. From that photo it doesnt look like its lined up properly, are you sure? 

try other sockets also

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

Do you open the sockets first so they are like this

Image result for open ram sockets

Hello

2 minutes ago, cadd said:

check the socket, see if there is anything that is blocking your ram from going in properly. From that photo it doesnt look like its lined up properly, are you sure? 

try other sockets also

I used flash in the picture so the gold contacts showed up a bit more but the ram is aligned properly in the slot. Also I'm using the motherboard straight out of the box and nothing is covering the memory slots

Dont be afraid of too much Force. U cant break anything unlike ur hulk.

Just set the MoBo on a stirdy surface and give the Sticks some good force. should pop right in then.

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Do you open the sockets first so they are like this

Image result for open ram sockets

Yes I opened the sockets as far out as they would go

If the ram is inserted all the way, should I be able to see the gold contacts?

Just now, Phil9943 said:

Yes I opened the sockets as far out as they would go

Okay sometimes on a MOBO there is 1 on each side of the slot. Open both and push evenly onto both sides

Hello

1 minute ago, Phil9943 said:

If the ram is inserted all the way, should I be able to see the gold contacts?

Just a little. Sometimes it may not click but go into the BIOS and check if its there

Hello

3 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Just a little. Sometimes it may not click but go into the BIOS and check if its there

No No, Dont. you can Shorten out the RAM ( Trust me, happend with not good installed PCI Card at mine. )

Take the RAM out, Close it all Up, Re-Open and then Try again.

and plz give us better pics <3

So I tried pushing one side completely down and then the other side completely down and that worked. Lol of course I get it as soon as I make a forum post. Thanks anyway guys hahahaha

1 minute ago, Phil9943 said:

So I tried pushing one side completely down and then the other side completely down and that worked. Lol of course I get it as soon as I make a forum post. Thanks anyway guys hahahaha

Mark solved

Hello

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Mark solved

How? I'm new here sorry

1 hour ago, Phil9943 said:

How? I'm new here sorry

Press the tick under the post

Hello

• 4 years later...

Thank you! This saved me. I found one DDR4 clicked into either slot easily, the other DDR4 would not go into either at all. I followed your advice and pushed down on one side first and then the other and it clicked in.

• 1 year later...

Uh oh. My RAM also not clicking and I gave up and run the PC anyway. I should check it again