Help with my build please!

FieryZiex

Okay so i want to get a new pc and this is probably my first time trying to make a build. Im not experienced at this so if you dont mind could you help me out and share your opinions. Here are the parts that i came up with and if you guys would kindly give me your opinions that would be much appreciated. :D

Processor : Intel i5 4670k

Motherboard :Asrock z87 Extreme 4

RAM: Corsair Vengance low profile 2x4gb 1600mhz

Cpu cooler : Phanteks ph-tc12dx

Graphics card : Sapphire r9 280x Vapour-X

Hard disk : WD blue 1TB

Ssd : Kingston hyper x 3k 120gb 

PSU : Corsair rm 650

Monitor : Asus VX238H

Case : Fractal design define r4 with window

Note: I will be using this system mainly for playing games like BF4 and League of Legends. 

Also, if you could suggest any alternative builds for me that would be awesome. My budget is about $1600~ $1700. 

@FieryZiex

As i have never heard of the brand of cooler i would get something else and other then your case looking like a fridge it looks like a solid build mate

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

@FieryZiex

As i have never heard of the brand of cooler i would get something else and other then your case looking like a fridge it looks like a solid build mate

Phanteks makes great coolers. The Phanteks PH-TC14PE is currently the king of air coolers. 

What's the system being used for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Phanteks makes great coolers. The Phanteks PH-TC14PE is currently the king of air coolers. 

Might want to read the OP 'I will be using this system mainly for playing games like BF4 and League of Legends.' 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Im gonna use it for gaming mainly and basically watching videos. I would also like to overclock my processor to get the best out of it. And is paying 20$ more for the Phanteks PH-TC14PE worth it?

Might want to read the OP 'I will be using this system mainly for playing games like BF4 and League of Legends.' 

Sorry, I missed it.

Im gonna use it for gaming mainly and basically watching videos. I would also like to overclock my processor to get the best out of it. And is paying 20$ more for the Phanteks PH-TC14PE worth it?

It's not worth paying so much to oc the cpu just for gaming. I was just bringing up an example because @JoshM haven't heard of Phanteks.

You can edit your post instead of adding another one btw---saves space.

I was meaning to ask--where are you shopping from/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sorry, I missed it.

It's not worth paying so much to oc the cpu just for gaming. I was just bringing up an example because @JoshM haven't heard of Phanteks.

You can edit your post instead of adding another one btw---saves space.

I was meaning to ask--where are you shopping from/located? Budget?

Well, its hard for me to say cuz im from Singapore and im buying some parts locally and some from amazon as the prices in my country are messed up. Thus, i haves estimated my build to be probably around $1600 to $1700.

Well, its hard for me to say cuz im from Singapore and im buying some parts locally and some from amazon as the prices in my country are messed up. Thus, i haves estimated my build to be probably around $1600 to $1700.

Oh boy, Singapore. Shopping for computer parts there are crazy ._."

Let's see.

Get the cheapest z87 mobo you can get. Quality or oc'ing capability isn't much of an issue for the 1150 socket mobos.

I'd cut back and get a Hyper 212 Evo. The difference in cooling and oc'ing won't affect gaming performance much. 

If you're paying more for the Vapor-x, don't. Just get the cheapest dual/triple fan cooler 7970/280x and oc it yourself. The small differences in performance isn't worth paying more than a few bucks for.

The caviar blue and barracuda are pretty close in performance with the barracuda being slightly better. Just get whichever's cheaper.

The ssd you chose is good but I'm guessing the ssdnow v300 is cheaper. If it is, get that--the difference in performance is pretty much unnoticeable.

Psu is a bit much. The RM550 should be plenty already.

You could also get a 8320 and a decent 970 chipset mobo instead. It should be cheaper and BF4 along with upcoming games should like the 8 cores. 

Rest looks good.

Okay so i want to get a new pc and this is probably my first time trying to make a build. Im not experienced at this so if you dont mind could you help me out and share your opinions. Here are the parts that i came up with and if you guys would kindly give me your opinions that would be much appreciated. :D

Processor : Intel i5 4670k

Motherboard :Asrock z87 Extreme 4

RAM: Corsair Vengance low profile 2x4gb 1600mhz

Cpu cooler : Phanteks ph-tc12dx

Graphics card : Sapphire r9 280x Vapour-X

Hard disk : WD blue 1TB

Ssd : Kingston hyper x 3k 120gb 

PSU : Corsair rm 650

Monitor : Asus VX238H

Case : Fractal design define r4 with window

Note: I will be using this system mainly for playing games like BF4 and League of Legends. 

Also, if you could suggest any alternative builds for me that would be awesome. My budget is about $1600~ $1700. 

Here is my suggestion for your build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VR2S

sorry  at the time of the time I did not know your in  Singapore but I still hope my suggestion helps out

Looks nice bro and the phantek fans are awesome how have you never heard of them

Not hearing of something is like never knowing something existed....

sorry  at the time of the time I did not know your in  Singapore but I still hope my suggestion helps out

Thanks man. But i think that monitor would cost me way more in Singapore :/, and is there any main difference between matx and atx builds? Like in terms of cooling, performance etc?

Thanks man. But i think that monitor would cost me way more in Singapore :/, and is there any main difference between matx and atx builds? Like in terms of cooling, performance etc?

The cooling factor should be fine and the only difference between atx and matx is that the matx is smaller but does just as good a job as a atx just fewer expansion slots

The cooling factor should be fine and the only difference between atx and matx is that the matx is smaller but does just as good a job as a atx just fewer expansion slots

to add to this^

You basically don't have to go atx unless you want to, or need a bunch of expansion slots for something like triple/quad crossfire/sli.

to add to this^

You basically don't have to go atx unless you want to, or need a bunch of expansion slots for something like triple/quad crossfire/sli.

Are there any matx cases that you would recommend then? Would prefer the sleek-looking ones thou. 

Are there any matx cases that you would recommend then? Would prefer the sleek-looking ones thou. 

Corsair 350D?

fractal design arc mini r2

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |