Sound cards for 20-60$

21rkosta

My year old custom computer is always having problems with its on board audio, and allthough i have been able to fix these problems its really a hassle and happens pretty often, so i decided im just going to get a sound card and stop using the annoying on-board audio, i dont need anything audiofile or really fancy, just a simple sound card for 20-60$ (usd), it would be nice if it supported 5.1 and had digital optical out, i plan to use it with my speakers (generic sony 5.1 home theater thingy) and my headphones (598 Cs, i also have amp), what would y'all reccomend, also will i need to spend more than 20-60$ to get the features i want?

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

8 minutes ago, xentropa said:

Asus xonar 5.1

19 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

My year old custom computer is always having problems with its on board audio, and allthough i have been able to fix these problems its really a hassle and happens pretty often, so i decided im just going to get a sound card and stop using the annoying on-board audio, i dont need anything audiofile or really fancy, just a simple sound card for 20-60$ (usd), it would be nice if it supported 5.1 and had digital optical out, i plan to use it with my speakers (generic sony 5.1 home theater thingy) and my headphones (598 Cs, i also have amp), what would y'all reccomend, also will i need to spend more than 20-60$ to get the features i want?

Hi guys, I am a bit confused, is there a difference between a sound card and a usb audio interface? 

Asus Xonar DGX 5.1, the best soundcard you can get at this budget (I use it

with my cheap Turtle Beach headset but the sound card is totally worth the price):D

5 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

Hi guys, I am a bit confused, is there a difference between a sound card and a usb audio interface? 

No difference on the interface level, because pci or usb is only sending 1s and 0s.  How the DAC converts the 1s and 0s to analog sound may be different.

im going with the xonar dgx thanks guys, sadely that limits my budget for red led fans, :( but il just get some cheap ones of newegg or something

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel