All the Risks of Liquid Cooling

Yaqshan

I'm Planning to buy a PC from MAINGEAR but I live in INDIA.

I thought Liquid cooled PC would be better because it is cool and overclockable but I don't know anything about Liquid cooling even thinking about changing coolant freaks me out because it can damage my components and shiping to INDIA can harm the cooling loop and cause leaks. I will be devastated if there are leaks after some years. 

The main reason for MAINGEAR pc is their cable management.

Is it okay for me to buy liquid cooled one or I should just buy Aircooled?

My main concern is GPUs because CPU is waterlooled anyways.

Please give me some advice Please Please Please.

If you have an i7 'K' CPU then liquid cooling is worth it, if you have an i5 'K' just get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and finally if you are using a locked i5 or i3 then the stock fan is fine. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

25 minutes ago, Yaqshan said:

I will be devastated if there are leaks after some years. 

Proper loops need maintenance. That's why it's mostly an enthusiast thing to go for all out watercooling. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Aren't many risks. All of my hardware would benifit which is why I do it. 

Have had plenty of leaks and have had zero damage. It's just water. Not like it's gonna sit in it to the point of rusting. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

If you have an i7 'K' CPU then liquid cooling is worth it, if you have an i5 'K' just get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and finally if you are using a locked i5 or i3 then the stock fan is fine. 

As popular as the 212 Evo is there are certainly better options for the same price range.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 hour ago, Yaqshan said:

I'm Planning to buy a PC from MAINGEAR but I live in INDIA.

I thought Liquid cooled PC would be better because it is cool and overclockable but I don't know anything about Liquid cooling even thinking about changing coolant freaks me out because it can damage my components and shiping to INDIA can harm the cooling loop and cause leaks. I will be devastated if there are leaks after some years. 

The main reason for MAINGEAR pc is their cable management.

Is it okay for me to buy liquid cooled one or I should just buy Aircooled?

My main concern is GPUs because CPU is waterlooled anyways.

Please give me some advice Please Please Please.

shipping will cost a ton ..... 

Sounds like watercooling may not be for you. You don't need water to overclock, that's for sure. Temps will be better sure, and you CAN get a quieter system, but done wrong watercooling can be noisy. Air can be nearly as quiet if done right with adequate research. If you're not building the system yourself though, whether it's air or water, you're at the mercy of what someone else does... which may not be the end result you hope for. Bit of a risk there. I would just go with air... no reason for custom loop unless you simply MUST have the aesthetics. The performance/cost ratio just doesn't make a great deal of sense.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti