9+1 Display Configuration

sonnenhof2

'm planning a 9 display video wall with 1 extra monitor to control the project. 
I'm currently running an i5 4670K, GTX 1070 and 16GB RAM with Windows 7
I've looked into display port hubs but I'm not sure if I can go from the 3 display ports of my 1070 to 9 seperate displays or if the 1070 is limited to 4 or 5 or however many. 

If anyone knows of any way I can output to 9 displays in a 3x3 video wall style setup while also outputting to a 10th monitor to control the project that would be excellent, I can easily get 3 three way display port MST hubs but I'm not sure if that'll work, any help would be much appreciated, 
Thanks.

P.S. I need to be able to use the 9 as one large block but not necessarily as one linked display like you would for gaming across all of them.

Yeah you will need multiple graphics cards for that.

Or get a matrox card :D They are designed for such thing.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

28 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can't use that many display port splitters.

Buy a few nvidia nvs cards and your good. A 810 or two should do it.

I've been looking at the NVS cards, do you know if I could use 2 of the NVS 450s along side the 1070? 

1 minute ago, sonnenhof2 said:

I've been looking at the NVS cards, do you know if I could use 2 of the NVS 450s along side the 1070? 

Nope, for nvidia mosaic you can only mix nvs and quadros.

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Nope, for nvidia mosaic you can only mix nvs and quadros.

So would a pair of NVS 450s along side a Quadro K2000 work? 
I assume the NVS' aren't powerful cards and I still need something to drive Resolume with (the Video DJ software). sorry if these questions are dumb, I'm new to the NVS/quadro side of things.  

1 minute ago, sonnenhof2 said:

So would a pair of NVS 450s along side a Quadro K2000 work? 
I assume the NVS' aren't powerful cards and I still need something to drive Resolume with (the Video DJ software). sorry if these questions are dumb, I'm new to the NVS/quadro side of things.  

Idon't know about that specific program, but having one fast card probably won't help, but depends on how it renders the image.

I also don't know if you can mix cards with mosaic. Id probably just get 3x quadro k1200's

11 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Idon't know about that specific program, but having one fast card probably won't help, but depends on how it renders the image.

I also don't know if you can mix cards with mosaic. Id probably just get 3x quadro k1200's

unfortunately my budget doesn't really allow for a few K1200's, I'll give the NVS 450s a try if I can get a few and see how it goes, thanks for the help!