AKG K7XX Headphones?

1 hour ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Last time I'm explaining this, you're now blocked btw, I've wasted enough of my life on you.

The usb hub has a direct power source, this means that the headphones can pull more power from it than an onboard source. Not getting enough power directly impacts performance. Depending on the headphones and onboard this could easily make a difference.

Using a usb + dac instead of an onboard jack eliminates the possibility of noise, which depending on the mobo and internals could be a problem.

Ask someone else if you still don't get it, preferably someone that can explain it with pictures... drawn in crayon.

I'm sorry, you are wrong, he is right.

usb does not mean any more power. On board could have more power if it's good.

it does not eliminate the possibility of noise, it could still come up from bad wirring and sheilding.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I think the most important thing here is that this  conversation is boring and some people are taking it way too seriously.

18 minutes ago, spwath said:

I'm sorry, you are wrong, he is right.

usb does not mean any more power. On board could have more power if it's good.

it does not eliminate the possibility of noise, it could still come up from bad wirring and sheilding.

This usb has a power adapter and does have more power, hence why it is able to power more usb devices when it has its own direct power line. I mean... how the hell could giving it a direct line of power make it less powerful? Use your brain please.

And the same is true with the noise reduction. Yes there are other types of noise and power fluctuations can even cause sound distortions but obviously using a digital method to send the data is going to greatly reduce the odds of that being a factor as it won't have to deal with those possibilities on top of poor mobo isolation and internal component whine bleeding in. Once again, please use common sense.

2 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

The usb hub has a direct power source, this means that the headphones can pull more power from it than an onboard source. Not getting enough power directly impacts performance. Depending on the headphones and onboard this could easily make a difference.

A USB source usually is more powerful than an onboard analog out, but a USB source connected to a USB hub cannot draw more power than a standard USB port from your PC, to do so would be illegal and violating the USB standard, and since most USB audio devices are USB2.0, you cannot draw more than 500mA from the hub, inherently limiting the total output of your amplfier.  In order to get more power, you have to be plugged into the wall directly.  In fact if all you wanted is more power you should buy an amplifier that must be connected to a wall and nothing else (ie a Magni) because by using an USB powered amplifier you are limiting yourself in terms of total output.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

2 hours ago, SSL said:

I think the most important thing here is that this  conversation is boring and some people are taking it way too seriously.

You are right. Its usless to argue with random people on the internet. Especially when you know you are right and they are wrong.

And there are more important problems to worry about.

And at least we don't have mods-gone-wrong being banned or suicidal 16 century german composers.

And its Christmas eve.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 hours ago, SSL said:

17 minutes ago, spwath said:

You are right. Its usless to argue with random people on the internet. Especially when you know you are right and they are wrong.

And there are more important problems to worry about.

And at least we don't have mods-gone-wrong being banned or suicidal 16 century german composers.

And its Christmas eve.

I think it's important to quell misinformation so others don't get mislead by it.

45 minutes ago, spwath said:

mods-gone-wrong being banned

That was the most wonderful Christmas present I could have imagined.

1 hour ago, nickspacemonkey said:

I think it's important to quell misinformation so others don't get mislead by it.

it is, to a point.

but there comes a time when there are more important things.