Deus Ex Mankind Divided/ Deus Ex

Axelz

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is currently on sale on steam, im thinking on buying it, but should i play any other game of the series before playing it? I know that it is a sequel to the Human Revolution one, so im thinking about playing that one, but does it have any connection to the first 2 games of the series(i think there are only 4 games in the series, the first 2, HumanR and MankindD, but not sure), the graphics on the first games dont look too apealling to me, so i wasnt thinking on playing them unless they are a essential to get more joy out of mankind divided.

20 minutes ago, Axelz said:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is currently on sale on steam, im thinking on buying it, but should i play any other game of the series before playing it? I know that it is a sequel to the Human Revolution one, so im thinking about playing that one, but does it have any connection to the first 2 games of the series(i think there are only 4 games in the series, the first 2, HumanR and MankindD, but not sure), the graphics on the first games dont look too apealling to me, so i wasnt thinking on playing them unless they are a essential to get more joy out of mankind divided.

Unlike most games deus ex does have a full storyline based through all games so its good to play all.

IM BACK BABY

8 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

Unlike most games deus ex does have a full storyline based through all games so its good to play all.

so, deus ex 1, then its 2 machina, then human revolution then mankind divided ( in the order they came out)?

In the story, the order goes Human Revolution/The Missing Link > Mankind Divided > Deus Ex > Invisible War.

I would say it's somewhat important to play Human Revolution first before Mankind Divided, because MD is an immediate sequel to the events of HR with many of the same characters. It's not strictly necessary to have played Deus Ex 1 (it takes place 20-some years after MD), but having at least read a plot synopsis would help you to appreciate the references and setup the newer games give you.

7 hours ago, typographie said:

In the story, the order goes Human Revolution/The Missing Link > Mankind Divided > Deus Ex > Invisible War.

I would say it's somewhat important to play Human Revolution first before Mankind Divided, because MD is an immediate sequel to the events of HR with many of the same characters. It's not strictly necessary to have played Deus Ex 1 (it takes place 20-some years after MD), but having at least read a plot synopsis would help you to appreciate the references and setup the newer games give you.

8 hours ago, kurtstir said:

Well, ty, i think im gonna do as typo says and play human revolution and read a plotline or watch a playthrough of the deus ex 1 

23 hours ago, Axelz said:

Well, ty, i think im gonna do as typo says and play human revolution and read a plotline or watch a playthrough of the deus ex 1 

Human Revolution is still worth playing today I am going to try and run a modded version of DE1 that updates things a bit eventually too. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit