Can you shove an i7 6700k (not non k) in a H110 mobo?

A used i7 6700k is the same price a used i7 6700 and I don't think the i7 6700 comes with a cooler anyway. If an i7 6700k performs better at stock than an i7 6700 for the same price then it's a no- brainer.

Oh yeah, and...

-What small cooler should I get (which would fit in a CiT Barricade)?

-Is a 400W power supply enough with an i7 6700k in this build - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bk6ZXH

(don't bully me over the ssd, it's £90 used)

Thanks in advance

yes. 

it's actually a great budget option.

I would try for a 500w. 

The regular i7 6700 does come with a cooler. The unlocked variant, the 6700k does not.

If you still want to get the 6700k, you can get a 212 EVO, a Cryorig H7 or something like that and be fine.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

The regular i7 6700 does come with a cooler. The unlocked variant, the 6700k does not.

If you still want to get the 6700k, you can get a 212 EVO, a Cryorig H7 or something like that and be fine.

The i7 6700 is used from CeX and I highly doubt they would include a cooler with it.

• Yes, but you can't overclock it.
  • Performance will be very slightly better, with a boost clock that is 200 MHz higher. It will also run hotter.
  • If you don't want to overclock, a Cryorig C7 is a cood choice for a small cooler. However, you can probably fit a Deepcool Gammax 400 in that case, which is a far better cooler.
  • 400w should be enough either way. Without overclocking, the Core i7 6700 and 6700k are only 25 watts apart in terms of power consumption. Not an enormous difference.

Just now, ilysm matty [CASHING OUT] said:

The i7 6700 is used from CeX and I highly doubt they would include a cooler with it.

I don't know what CeX is but unless they specifically say that it's an open box and sold as-is without a cooler, or something like that, it should come with a cooler. You can always ask.

Long story short, yes you can use a k processor on motherboards not meant for OC, any cooler that fits the mobo should be fine since you won't be pushing OC, I'd advice cooler master or deep cool or any known brand and 400w might not be enough power for this system, I'd say try going for a 500w/550w PSU and SanDisk makes terrific SSDs, in fact its the only brand that manufactures their own memory without outsourcing it so you'll be fine.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)