H100i (in R4 case) on top in PULL-Exhaust

I'm going to put an H100i in a Define R4 case in the TOP position in configuration PULL-exhaust, i.e. the fans will be immediately below the case top blowing air out, with the rad below the fans.

I do realize this is slightly inferior to a push or push/pull but I'm willing to sacrifice the few degrees in order to significantly facilitate cleaning.

I've a few questions:

1) Does the static pressure rating on the fans really matter when they are used in PULL/Exhaust since my understanding is that helps with overcoming obstacles IN FRONT of the fans, not obstruction BEHIND. 

2) Given (1), what fans would you recommend for a Top-Pull-Exhaust setup? Specifically on the Noctuas that most people recommend, I heard that their bearing type is ill-suited for a top-exhaust setup, is that really true? I've the Silverstone air tunnel guys, but I've read they are quite gimmicky and noisy. And supposedly the Corsair SP120 start 'whining' when you lower RPMs via corsair link. So lost...

3) Is it possible to use 140mm fans (since the top of the R4 case does support 2x 140mm) while the H100i only supports 120mm? If yes, do you think this would improve cooling, or allow same cooling with a lower RPM? I see that Noctua has some 140mm fans that take 120mm attachments. (the oval ones)

Thanks for reading!

1. Testimonies of the H100i with particular fans is probably the best route to go if you're still deciding on which ones will be best. If the fans are on one side or the other of the radiator (such as with the fans below the radiator and exhausting in my rig, coincidentally), reasonably good static pressure is still observably important since, even though the obstruction is "behind" the fan, it still makes a noticeable improvement over airflow-optimized fans, generally speaking

2. NF-F12's work great. I've heard some good things about some other fans as well

3. I'd imagine so after extensive modding, but it is a bit counter intuitive since the seal on the fan that you get when fans are used on an appropriately sized radiator seems to aid performance. Think of blowing through a tube; if there's a hole in the tube, the pressure of the air will be reduced at the other end

Thanks a lot -- it looks like we have a very similar build. I have the Asus Hero in R4 with H100i on top, you :) ?

I was also a bit worried about clearance on the R4 but from all I've read you can (just barely) make it.

What you say makes sense, i just realized the fans will also be "fighting" against the perforations on the top of the case, so that would help as well.

I just read the sticky on this forum, and I see Linus has some comparison on noise etc and he does list the F12s as his test so that's probably for a reason :) I just wish they weren't so disgustingly ugly :( (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlPSGh26Ne0XdHZweHoxckRqazBvM0RTMW5GSFZNRmc#gid=0)

Any suggestions where I can find comparison of different fans on an H100i (hopefully in the configuration I'm planning :P) other than here ?

Thanks a lot -- it looks like we have a very similar build. I have the Asus Hero in R4 with H100i on top, you :) ?

I was also a bit worried about clearance on the R4 but from all I've read you can (just barely) make it.

What you say makes sense, i just realized the fans will also be "fighting" against the perforations on the top of the case, so that would help as well.

I just read the sticky on this forum, and I see Linus has some comparison on noise etc and he does list the F12s as his test so that's probably for a reason :) I just wish they weren't so disgustingly ugly :( (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlPSGh26Ne0XdHZweHoxckRqazBvM0RTMW5GSFZNRmc#gid=0)

Any suggestions where I can find comparison of different fans on an H100i (hopefully in the configuration I'm planning :P) other than here ?

The corsair sp120s look great and perfrom very close to noctua fans 

thanks.

how about the silverstone ones or the eLoops, does anyone have first-hand experience with those in an h100i?

thanks.

how about the silverstone ones or the eLoops, does anyone have first-hand experience with those in an h100i?

eloops are superior fans considering how quiet they are. Silverstone air penetrators are comparable to NFF12's.

Error: 410

sorry to belabor the point, so you are saying eloops match Noctua for quiteness but not performance, and Silverstone matches it for performance but not quietness? :)