Need Help to Complete my Cooling Setup

Hi,

I have a motherboard that has:

- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)* (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)**
- 3 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin)***

*The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
**The CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
***CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2 can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.

My cooling setup will be a Hydro Series H115i 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU-Cooler with both of its default fans replaced with ML140 Pro LED Red 140mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fans (4-pin). Additionally, I will have another ML140 Pro LED Red 140mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan (4-pin) at the back of my case to act as the exhaust. At the front of my case, I'll have 3 ML120 Pro LED Red 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fans (4-pin) as my intake. Finally, at the top, I'll also have 2 ML120 Pro LED Red 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fans (4-pin) as another exhaust.

In total:

• 1x Hydro Series H115i 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU-Cooler
    • 2x ML140 Pro LED Red 140mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fans (4-pin)
  • 1x ML140 Pro LED Red 140mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan (4-pin)
  • 5x ML120 Pro LED Red 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fans (4-pin)

I've already checked that this setup would work with my case.

Knowing my motherboard specifications, what do I need to make my setup work (obviously my motherboard alone doesn't have the necessary inputs)? I would like to have control of all of the fans from software in my computer, if possible. My case does indeed have a fan hub (but they're all 3-pin!). My case only has 2.5" and 3.5" drive bays, by the way.

Thanks.

Where are you putting your radiator if you already have fans all over the place. Also you only need max probably the 3 fans in front and 2 exhaust. If I were you I would have 3 fans in front, 2 on the radiator pushing up and out on the top, and one exhaust in the back. Extra fans doesn't always mean better cooling. In fact, too many fans can DECREASE cooking efficiency. Just make sure you have linear airflow (front to back/front to top) and you should be fine with that number of fans. This is overkill. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

7 minutes ago, Cyndre1033 said:

Where are you putting your radiator if you already have fans all over the place. Also you only need max probably the 3 fans in front and 2 exhaust. If I were you I would have 3 fans in front, 2 on the radiator pushing up and out on the top, and one exhaust in the back. Extra fans doesn't always mean better cooling. In fact, too many fans can DECREASE cooking efficiency. Just make sure you have linear airflow (front to back/front to top) and you should be fine with that number of fans. This is overkill. 

There's space on the "bottom" of the ceiling of my case for my radiator, then on the "top" of the ceiling, there's even more space for 2 more 120mm fans. The NZXT Noctis 450. However, we're moving away from the actual question:

What do I need to make my setup work (obviously my motherboard alone doesn't have the necessary inputs)?

PWM splitters can be plugged into motherboards, and then 2 fans can be plugged into that. Also there are probably 3-pin to 4-pin converters but I wouldn't know. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

Just now, Cyndre1033 said:

PWM splitters can be plugged into motherboards, and then 2 fans can be plugged into that. Also there are probably 3-pin to 4-pin converters but I wouldn't know. 

Ok - thank you!

Any other answers?

1 minute ago, Anonymous00001 said:

Ok - thank you!

Any other answers?

BTW PWM splitter might have to bought separately but I know some fans come with them in the package, might want to see a review of the ML's to check. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

Hi,

My solution to my problem would be buying three of these (https://www.amazon.com/Phobya-3-Way-Splitter-Single-Connection/dp/B004CLFOK4/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1482261090&sr=1-4&keywords=4-pin+fan+splitter). Would this work?

This means I would have 9 inputs, three 4-pin and six 3-pin. Each of these splitters would be connected onto the 4-pin chassis fan connectors on my motherboard. Then, I'll power my 3 fans at the front with 1 splitter, my 1 exhaust fan at the back and my 2 exhaust fans at the top with 1 splitter, and my 2 fans on my radiator with (the final) 1 splitter. And for my liquid cooler, that could just go into the 1 water pump fan connector on my motherboard.

Motherboard inputs:

- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)* (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)**
- 3 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin)***

Would this work?

Thanks.