Is a laptop with a i5 4200U and a Nvidia gt 740M (2gb vram) good enough ??

So i'm looking for laptop for school, and i think i found what i need, i've contacted the buyer and i'm ready to buy it , i can't buy a really good laptop as my budget is super low , This specific laptop has an intel i5 4200U and a NVIDIA 740M with 2 gb vram, it has 4gigs of DDR3L ram but i have a stick of 8gigs of DDR3L ram lying around, so all together it would be 12 gigs of ram, anyways i'm gonna be doing some light video editing (FULL HD BTW) at school, and taking lots of notes and stuff maybe play a game or two so i'm just wondering if this would be good enough to handle those stuff 

AND LOTS OF WEB BROWSING

Cheers!!

Should be fine. Id personally get a laptop without a dgpu as there normally thinner and have longer battery life and less software issues(optimus)

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

it should be good long as you have a realistic expectation 

well i don't expect it to play games or anything i just want to do some video editing and researching on it 

As someone who's used a GT 740m (albeit the 1gb version) for two years, I think you should be fine with this laptop. Though, I do agree that maybe getting a laptop that doesn't have a DGPU will be better as it might have the same/better performance than the GT 740m. (Depending on which CPU is in your system) 

Around this time, there are deals everywhere and I'm sure you can get a better laptop with your current budget. But if you're hard set towards buying this laptop, it should last you for a while in the school work department. (Gaming on the other hand, is not going to be pleasant at all, just stick with less demanding games such as CSGO or LOL)

Hopefully this helps.