Best (or worst) ebay purchase

Lord Nicoll

Sometimes when you want buy something new, or something used, ebay might have the perfect item, but it doesn't always go according to plan, and sometimes it more than you ever wanted! For me I haven't had a really bad experience yet, but my best purchase was definitely a fish pencil case, I loved it when I ordered it and I love it still, so what's your favourite or least favourite ebay purchase? 

Yours faithfully

10 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Sometimes when you want buy something new, or something used, ebay might have the perfect item, but it doesn't always go according to plan, and sometimes it more than you ever wanted! For me I haven't had a really bad experience yet, but my best purchase was definitely a fish pencil case, I loved it when I ordered it and I love it still, so what's your favourite or least favourite ebay purchase? 

my worst purchase was when i bought rayban wayfares for £50. when it arrived, it turned out to be fake and wasnt genuine. so i put a complaint on ebay and refunded my money and the seller was shut down :) that was my worst. thats why i now only buy from Amazon :x

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

17 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

my worst purchase was when i bought rayban wayfares for £50. when it arrived, it turned out to be fake and wasnt genuine. so i put a complaint on ebay and refunded my money and the seller was shut down :) that was my worst. thats why i now only buy from Amazon :x

I don't Amazon since their shipping is haywire, information is often lacking and, counterfeit goods have been found to have been sold by Amazon too. I don't even entertain brand and fashion for me, it's usually server stuff. Also for £50 for Raybans, yeah that peaks my fakedar, you got a refund though.  

Yours faithfully

13 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

I don't Amazon since their shipping is haywire, information is often lacking and, counterfeit goods have been found to have been sold by Amazon too. I don't even entertain brand and fashion for me, it's usually server stuff. Also for £50 for Raybans, yeah that peaks my fakedar, you got a refund though.  

dont know but luckily never had a problem with amazon here. their service has always been good and are always sorted out.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

dont know but luckily never had a problem with amazon here. their service has always been good and are always sorted out.

I can't say I've used Amazon much. The selection for actual enterprise server is not only a lot worse but way over priced. 

Yours faithfully

The best is my $155 Abit VP6, with 2GB SDRAM and 2x Pentium III 1000EB 1.7V+stock coolers (the most expensive Coppermine Pentium III to stay on the market).

The worst is my Asus P5 Turbo, which arrived with 2x faulty memory slots, warped badly near the rear IO, a broken RAM latch on one of the working slots, and which had the seller change the description from used to "not working, for parts or repair" after I bought it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

The best is my $155 Abit VP6, with 2GB SDRAM and 2x Pentium III 1000EB 1.7V+stock coolers (the most expensive Coppermine Pentium III to stay on the market).

The worst is my Asus P5 Turbo, which arrived with 2x faulty memory slots, warped badly near the rear IO, a broken RAM latch on one of the working slots, and which had the seller change the description from used to "not working, for parts or repair" after I bought it.

That's some bad shit, but also old shit lol. I don't think you can change the description anymore on posted items, so there's a plus. 

Yours faithfully

When I was a student I got a friend to order a rare, out of print book for me from an ebay seller (Wraith: The Oblivion second edition, still pretty rare to this day can easily reach 50 bucks or more for mint condition) but I still don't know why I assumed i had the money when I didn't it was like 50 bucks.

So I was fairly desperate since he had the book for like 3 weeks already but obviously I couldn't go pick it up without the money to pay for it until I was telling a good friend of mine just and he told me "well you should sell something" something I've been trying for a while. Turns out he wanted to get some PC games so I sold him 3 games (Fallout 2, Icewind Dale and Divine Divinity) for the 50 bucks I needed. I was kinda feeling bad about it because I thought I was ripping him off but turns out that he loved the games and told me he was really impressed on how good condition I kept my cds and such.

The book it's still probably my favorite book to date and I don't regret getting it, I just regret being a stupid kid ordering something without making sure I had the money first the experience of getting it was nerve wrecking for someone with severe social anxiety at the time.

-------

Current Rig

-------