Heavily thinking about moving from Apple to Android?

Hello, I've been an iPhone user my whole life. I've been wanting to upgrade from my 5s for a while now. Then I came across the one plus 3t and man oh man its caught my eye. That fast charging sounds like a dream!  Though of course, I have my quells about changing to android from ios. I would greatly appreciate if you would put your fanboyism for either aside if you do decide to answer my questions. 

1. If anyone has a one plus 3(or 3t even tho its new) is it still as snappy as when you first got it? I know people who have S7's and they say they are noticeable slower now than when they first purchased. My old iPhone is still just as snappy as when I first got it so I'm curious how much of a slow down(if any) it will get.

2. I facetime/skype with my girlfriend a lot so i was wondering how good is the front camera is compared to iPhones? 

3. How does the fast charging handle over time?

4. How's the security of an Android? I KNOW my iPhone is secure and like will never get a virus but I'm a lil apprehensive about the shakiness of the security of android. 

Also in case I forget to say it, Thanks a lot to anyone who comes through and answers any of my questions. 

Iphones have Virus's too and most Android security flaws are in the older versions, so newer phones are less likely to have issues.

I can't speak to front facing cameras on ANY device as I don't really use them.

Nexus 5x owner here, owned the OnePlus One before it was replaced. 

I can't say about the specifics of the OP3T, but 3 and 4 I can answer -

Fast charging doesn't change over time, and Android is surprisingly secure. As a long time user (since 2010) I've had one malware incident, and it was upstream with my carrier (DNS hijack, making random redirections and ads come up) and it affected all devices - iOS, Android, WP. 

idk

Just now, Daniel644 said:

Iphones have Virus's too and most Android security flaws are in the older versions, so newer phones are less likely to have issues.

I can't speak to front facing cameras on ANY device as I don't really use them.

Ah, i see just I've never had one. You use the one plus 3 or 3t by any chance? 

9 minutes ago, IamPARA said:

Hello, I've been an iPhone user my whole life. I've been wanting to upgrade from my 5s for a while now. Then I came across the one plus 3t and man oh man its caught my eye. That fast charging sounds like a dream!  Though of course, I have my quells about changing to android from ios. I would greatly appreciate if you would put your fanboyism for either aside if you do decide to answer my questions. 

1. If anyone has a oneplus 3(or 3t even tho its new) is it still as snappy as when you first got it? I know people who have S7's and they say they are noticeable slower now than when they first purchased. My old iPhone is still just as snappy as when I first got it so I'm curious how much of a slow down(if any) it will get.

2. I facetime/skype with my girlfriend a lot so i was wondering how good is the front camera is compared to iPhones? 

4. How the security of an Android. I KNOW my iPhone is secure and like will never get a virus but I'm a lil apprehensive about the shakiness of the security of android. 

Also in case i forget to say it, Thanks a lot to anyone who comes through and answers any of my questions. 

My S7 (non edge) is still quick and I've had it for a few months now. I used to use an iPod but I have used iPhones and i would say it's down to preference if you like Android or not. Sure, there are things I like about Apple devices more and things I like about Android devices more, but overall Android isn't bad.

I don't use fast charge unless I really have to. Not sure what it does to the battery long term. However, It's good if you need your phone ready to go quickly.

Just now, Droidbot said:

Nexus 5x owner here, owned the OnePlus One before it was replaced. 

I can't say about the specifics of the OP3T, but 3 and 4 I can answer -

Fast charging doesn't change over time, and Android is surprisingly secure. As a long time user (since 2010) I've had one malware incident, and it was upstream with my carrier (DNS hijack, making random redirections and ads come up) and it affected all devices - iOS, Android, WP. 

I'm very happy to hear that! That calms my mind a lot. Do by chance know if the one plus 3 or 3t slow down or get less snappy over time?

Just now, kittycannon said:

My S7 (non edge) is still quick and I've had it for a few months now. I used to use an iPod but I have used iPhones and i would say it's down to preference if you like Android or not. sure, there are things I like about apple devices more and things I like about Android devices more. but overall Android isn't bad.

I don't use fast charge unless I really have to. Not sure what it does to the battery long term. However, It's good if you need your phone ready to go quickly.

I see. Thats good, that my biggest fear is my phone getting slower over the months. Since you've used iPhone also which is awesome so i can perhaps have some insight on both sides from you. What do you like most about android since i see you have the S7 instead of an iPhone.

1 minute ago, IamPARA said:

Ah, i see just I've never had one. You use the one plus 3 or 3t by any chance? 

Well i've never had a virus on any of my phones, that doesn't mean one system is necessarily "more secure" then another just that Android has like 6 or 7 times the market share globally of iOS (something like 86% vs 13% IIRC) so it's more likely to have hackers attempt to infiltrate it because the possible number of devices they can infect is larger.

Personally, i'm an S7 owner, I wanted the Gear VR so I went with the best phone they had. Doesn't seam any slower then when I got it several months ago, have seen several security updates come in while I've had it. My boss has a Iphone 5s and he is constantly talking how every iOS update he gets the slower the thing runs.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

Well i've never had a virus on any of my phones, that doesn't mean one system is necessarily "more secure" then another just that Android has like 6 or 7 times the market share globally of iOS (something like 86% vs 13% IIRC) so it's more likely to have hackers attempt to infiltrate it because the possible number of devices they can infect is larger.

Personally, i'm an S7 owner, I wanted the Gear VR so I went with the best phone they had. Doesn't seam any slower then when I got it several months ago, have seen several security updates come in while I've had it. My boss has a Iphone 5s and he is constantly talking how every iOS update he gets the slower the thing runs.

Gotcha! That's music to my ears! I tend to not update my 5s just cause after you get two generation behind apple updates do tend to slow down you device lol. One of the reasons why the oneplus is looking reallllllyyyyyy good right about now lmao. 

23 minutes ago, IamPARA said:

I know people who have S7's and they say they are noticeable slower now than when they first purchased.

that is because they fill them with shitty apps. Iv had S7 since lauch and it works very well.

25 minutes ago, IamPARA said:

i turn off fast charging because i plug my phone into my computer and i dont trust the technology after all the note 7 fires.

25 minutes ago, IamPARA said:

How's the security of an Android?

shit. updates & patches arrive from OEM months after google releases them

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

15 minutes ago, IamPARA said:

I'm very happy to hear that! That calms my mind a lot. Do by chance know if the one plus 3 or 3t slow down or get less snappy over time?

I see. Thats good, that my biggest fear is my phone getting slower over the months. Since you've used iPhone also which is awesome so i can perhaps have some insight on both sides from you. What do you like most about android since i see you have the S7 instead of an iPhone.

Well, I've used an iPhone 4S, 5S, 6 and 6S. I have not owned these phones (family members own them). I prefer the Apple keyboard but they're quite similar. The S7 that I got came with a usb adapter which is great for transferring files to and from the phone. The ability to add an SD card to increase storage is great but 32 gigabytes is good enough for me at the moment. I think you can access all of your files in your phone (you can access a lot of them). Micro usb cables are common so charging shouldn't be a problem. As long as you're careful and install good software, you should be fine. I had AVG but it was quite annoying.

2 minutes ago, kittycannon said:

Well, I've used an iPhone 4S, 5S, 6 and 6S. I have not owned these phones (family members own them). I prefer the Apple keyboard but they're quite similar. The S7 that I got came with a usb adapter which is great for transferring files to and from the phone. The ability to add an SD card to increase storage is great but 32 gigabytes is good enough for me at the moment. I think you can access all of your files in your phone (you can access a lot of them). Also micro usb cables are common so charging shouldn't be a problem. As long as you're careful and install good software, you should be fine. I had AVG but it was quite annoying.

The keyboard hmmm never thought about that really feeling different. i'm very cautious with what i download so i should be fine there. What interface is easier to navigate? I know android has more options lol.

8 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

that is because they fill them with shitty apps. Iv had S7 since lauch and it works very well.

i turn off fast charging because i plug my phone into my computer and i dont trust the technology after all the note 7 fires.

shit. updates & patches arrive from OEM months after google releases them

i see, i would too for a Samsung phone lmao. The update situation is a little saddening though but that shouldn't be a problem as long as theres no really bad problems.

6 minutes ago, IamPARA said:

The keyboard hmmm never thought about that really feeling different. i'm very cautious with what i download so i should be fine there. What interface is easier to navigate? I know android has more options lol.

They're similar but IOS is probably easier to navigate.

ive jumped from ios to android twice now and both times i regretted it and went back. android just isnt a polished as ios

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

8 minutes ago, IamPARA said:

i see, i would too for a Samsung phone lmao. The update situation is a little saddening though but that shouldn't be a problem as long as theres no really bad problems.

there are bad problems. zero day exploits in the linux kernel and theres even an exploit in the CPU itself. Theres exploits on all systems but the delay in security patches is really bad. When my samsung gets old ill be replacing it with either an ubuntu phone, iphone, or a dumb phone

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_