Intel 600p M.2 drive slower than expected

Equlizer

Im running the gigabyte Z97x-ud5h with bios F10. Is there any special setting i should be using in the bios? I am not using sata 4 or 5.

i ran some benchmarks and its maybe 150mb faster than my ssd which is around 515mb read.  The writes are where they should be though around 620mb.

EDIT:  Just found out my mobo only supports M.2 2x so that is why im seeing half the speed.  I have 2x 980 TI's in my system.  If i were to put it in a pci adapter card, would it take away performance/pci lanes from the video cards?  CPU is I5 4690

Posted twice.  Del please

Edited by Equlizer
double post

On 19.12.2016 at 1:33 AM, Equlizer said:

i ran some benchmarks and its maybe 150mb faster than my ssd which is around 515mb read.  The writes are where they should be though around 620mb.

EDIT:  Just found out my mobo only supports M.2 2x so that is why im seeing half the speed.  I have 2x 980 TI's in my system.  If i were to put it in a pci adapter card, would it take away performance/pci lanes from the video cards?  CPU is I5 4690

It depens on your mobo. Which mobo do you have?

Intel 600p always has bad performance figures on benchmarks since it has problems with operating with its cache full, so i wouldn't be concerned about it - in everyday tasks it doesn't matter unless you are transferring very big files.

You can read more about the issue in in depth tests from pc perspective: https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Storage/Intel-SSD-600p-Series-256GB-Full-Review-Low-Cost-M2-NVMe/Conclusion-Pricing-and-Fina