Loud Ass Fans

Dalynx

guys does anyone have any idea why my top pc case fan is so loud, i've tried both the included fans and my own corsair ones, and regardless if which direction i put them in, unless there is pressure on the case vent it buzzes/whirrs, anyone know what i could do ? case is the old nzxt razer edition

Is it coming from the fan themselves or the case? I had an issue where I had to loosen a screw or two on the fan and the buzzing would stop.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

3 hours ago, Dalynx said:

guys does anyone have any idea why my top pc case fan is so loud, i've tried both the included fans and my own corsair ones, and regardless if which direction i put them in, unless there is pressure on the case vent it buzzes/whirrs, anyone know what i could do ? case is the old nzxt razer edition

Some fans don't like to be mounted horizontally. You might have to move some fans around.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

59 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Some fans don't like to be mounted horizontally. You might have to move some fans around.

iv'e tried multiple fans now :/

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

Is it coming from the fan themselves or the case? I had an issue where I had to loosen a screw or two on the fan and the buzzing would stop.

i'll try that now, ty

its helped a fair amount doing that, is there any way i can lower the fans rpm now just to stop it being loud, thanks for the the help

3 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

its helped a fair amount doing that, is there any way i can lower the fans rpm now just to stop it being loud, thanks for the the help

If it's controled via th mother board you can use its software to lower it. Or do it in the bios. I always used the Asus suite for my boards. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

4 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

If it's controled via th mother board you can use its software to lower it. Or do it in the bios. I always used the Asus suite for my boards. 

how would i do it via the mobo/ i have a gigabyte board, should the asus suite work for that? ty

19 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

Your board has its own software. Going to their website would help you get it. 

45 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Your board has its own software. Going to their website would help you get it. 

gigabyte suck at organisation xD i've tried to find one and shall keep trying, but i can't seem to find a utility like software

59 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

gigabyte suck at organisation xD i've tried to find one and shall keep trying, but i can't seem to find a utility like software

What board? You can you speedfan but its interface isn't the easiest too use/understand

5 hours ago, Dalynx said:

how would i do it via the mobo/ i have a gigabyte board, should the asus suite work for that? ty

What board do you have and what fan are you trying to control?

The Asus Suite is only for Asus boards.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

What board? You can you speedfan but its interface isn't the easiest too use/understand

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What board do you have and what fan are you trying to control?

The Asus Suite is only for Asus boards.

the board is the gigabyte z170x gaming 3 :)

19 hours ago, Dalynx said:

the board is the gigabyte z170x gaming 3 :)

What fan are you trying to control?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

20 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

Gigabyte's fan control in their recent boards is pretty limited in that you have to stick to presets as opposed to setting your own speeds. That being said, connecting those fans to the sys_fan headers and setting them to a Quiet/Silent preset should get them to a lower rpm.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Gigabyte's fan control in their recent boards is pretty limited in that you have to stick to presets as opposed to setting your own speeds. That being said, connecting those fans to the sys_fan headers and setting them to a Quiet/Silent preset should get them to a lower rpm.

how would i set them on a lower rpm ??

4 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

how would i set them on a lower rpm ??

Enter the bios by spamming the Delete key. The fan settings should be in the M.I.T. tab.

Make sure to save your settings afterwards by pressing F10 and confirming your changes.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Enter the bios by spamming the Delete key. The fan settings should be in the M.I.T. tab.

Make sure to save your settings afterwards by pressing F10 and confirming your changes.

i've never done anything in the bios b4 is there anything i could fuck up if not being careful

1 minute ago, Dalynx said:

i've never done anything in the bios b4 is there anything i could fuck up if not being careful

There's always the option to revert settings to default. 

That being said, it should be easy to avoid changing anything you didn't want to.

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

There's always the option to revert settings to default. 

That being said, it should be easy to avoid changing anything you didn't want to.

ok wish me luck haha

6 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

ok wish me luck haha

ok so i came across an issue, turns out 2 of my 4 fans aren't connected to the mobo, the other 2 are connected... elsewhere 

5 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

ok so i came across an issue, turns out 2 of my 4 fans aren't connected to the mobo, the other 2 are connected... elsewhere 

psu is my guess. or just grab one of these.

few days back bought a pack (4 piece) for 50php around 1 us dollar

edit: its a deepcool one and it works wonders.

afm02b_4_250x162.jpg

Live your life like a dream.

1 minute ago, Joshua Ondangan said:

psu is my guess. or just grab one of these.

few days back bought a pack (4 piece) for 50php around 1 us dollar

afm02b_4_250x162.jpg

what do these do?

Just now, Dalynx said:

what do these do?

they are like rubber screw, they take a lot of the vibration which in turn give less noise.

Live your life like a dream.