Zotac Geforce GTX 1070
Intel Core I7-6700K
Corsair H100i v2
2 x 8GB HyperX Fury
2 x Kingston Technology 120 GB Solid State Drive
2TB WD Blue
Corsair RM750x
NZXT H440

Okay so, at the moment the H100i v2 fans are running at 100% which is quite loud and annoying. I built the PC yesterday. Today I was doing the usual (installing drivers etc) and tried to use Corsair Link to change the fan speed but it doesn't recognize the two fans on the water cooler, only my case fans. I've seen others with this problem and they were told to make sure the fans on the cooler were plugged into the sockets coming out of the cooler (they are). They only thing I can think of is that one of the cables coming out of the cooler (the pump I think) is a five pin connector and the socket on the motherboard where it tells you to plug it in is a four pin. This probably isn't the issue because it works perfectly (playing Chivalry for 2hrs+ it never exceeded 25°). Anyways I was wondering if any of you wonderful techies had any ideas? Otherwise I'll have to bring it into a PC repair shop and embarrassingly ask them to do it. My wallet and I thank you in advance. 

p.s - I've also been told to change it in msi bios but I have no idea how to and I am scared of breaking something with my stupidity.

- Matt

I am guessing that the fifth pin is the one controlling the fan speed.

Straight from Corsair: " Attach the included Corsair Link cable to a USB header on your motherboard and download the free Corsair Link software to unlock even more power". Did you attach the USB header?

1 minute ago, SaltedWizardCoffee said:

The pump power cable controls the fan speed?

I am guessing that it uses a USB header to supply power and control the fan speed.

4 minutes ago, SaltedWizardCoffee said:

Which cable is the corsair link cable? Is it the micro usb one?

yes

Are all three cables on the waterblock attached to the corresponding headers on the motherboard?

Ok that must be my issue. In the manual it said to connect it to the cpu fan 1 header on the mother board but mine is only a 4 pin. Unless I'm wrong (most likely)

Correction it says to connect it to the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard. I could'nt find it so I connected it to cpu fan 1. Does this matter? If so where is the right connection?

Ok so I went back to the instruction manual and realised I made a mistake. The link cable goes to the bottom on the motherboard, into a USB header. Only problem is I already have something plugged in there. Front panel USB I think. Is there another spot to plug in the front pannel USB? I have the H440 and there's USB connecters on the back of the case. Will it be ok there? Sorry I'm a noob!

You can get a USB header hub so you don't have to unplug everything.