Have you tried turning off and on?

This is where people share how they fix an issue by turning it off and on a device. Must be a serious issue. Not something like you install a new program and you need a restart to make it work.

Mine was simple: YouTube was glitch on a brand new Samsung Smart TV. YouTube videos (the app) would stop playing after 30 seconds no matter how long the video actually is and then continue to the next video

I unplugged the TV power cable and plug it back in and now YouTube videos will play just fine.

Windows 10 have an issue in my laptop where sometimes it disconnects from my network and refuses to connect with wireless to my router, I need to restart for it to work again.    Usually I only have to do this every couple of days, I tried replacing the wireless drivers installed by win 10 for the drivers available in the website of Asus, but it didn't made any difference. 

I tested connecting to other networks when it fails, and it can connect without any issues to the hotspot of my phone,  that's why I know is not my wireless card, is some weird bug from microsoft that refuses to connect to my network.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

It's garbage. Windows is particularly bad at cleaning it but it's a problem all computers have.

-アパゾ

Mine was an issue with Tomb Raider Anniversary via Geforce Now on the nvidia shield.  In the middle of the game there was a ledge that I couldn't jump to after about 30 tries I researched it and found multiple forum threads for it "The Great Pyramid Impossible Jump". The steam forums said the only fix was switching to 16x AA and turning off full screen effects, but playing it from the shield wouldn't allow me the full PC options. I got pissed after a few more tries then I turned off the shield, turned it back on and it just worked first try doing absolutely nothing different.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

This is where people share how they fix an issue by turning it off and on a device. Must be a serious issue. Not something like you install a new program and you need a restart to make it work.

Unfortunately, wives don't work this way. I wish they did, but all I get is "Try again in 30 minutes." :dry:

I had a weird issue with one of my three Crucial BX100's where it would take 40 seconds to fully boot, but if you force it off before fully in Windows, it would take the more usual 15 seconds to boot.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, FourCorners said:

Apparantly this video is blocked in my country (Canada) and I don't think turning it off and back on again will help...

that sucks i used to get that from the south park web site. I dont know how legal it is to post excerpts from tv shows but i see it as free promotion for the show

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

My story isn't literally "Turning it off and back on" but pretty similar. So I do web hosting support, and a customer was having an issue with a WordPress site, his themes weren't working, everything looked like it had no CSS for it, and half the site functions weren't working. So I took a backup of the server before I started working on anything incase I fucked anything up. I tried quite a few things and nothing I could do could get it to work, none of the normal wordpress tricks did the job. And after a while I noticed something... the database had nothing in it, it looked just like a new wordpress install, meaning I likely accidentally overwrote the database, and all of the sites content was  gone. So I restored the orriginal backup I had, since I screwed everything up past the point of repair, and on a whim reloaded the site, which wouldn't have been something I would have normally done because with all logic, it should have been broken; but the site was fixed. I still don't know what actually caused it to break, it was probably a file permissions thing, but for some reason restoring the backup worked.

That time when you are developing COM components and services in Windows and instances just freeze... permanently... Turn it off and on again.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

23 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Unfortunately, wives don't work this way. I wish they did, but all I get is "Try again in 30 minutes." :dry:

I had a weird issue with one of my three Crucial BX100's where it would take 40 seconds to fully boot, but if you force it off before fully in Windows, it would take the more usual 15 seconds to boot.

At least you get the option to try again.  Not everyone is so fortunate I bet.  ?

23 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

that sucks i used to get that from the south park web site. I dont know how legal it is to post excerpts from tv shows but i see it as free promotion for the show

I think very short clips with no profit intended should be fair use under most copyright laws.  

10 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

That time when you are developing COM components and services in Windows and instances just freeze... permanently... Turn it off and on again.

Idk what that is but it sounds bad.  And scary.  ?