Clarification for Zen

I feel like I had to make this because of the misinformation being spread. Things like "AMD will destroy Intel", "Ryzen beats every Intel CPU", "i7's will be obsolete", "Its Ryzen now isnt it?". Now, every single one of these are fake. Lets start with the first one ; "AMD will destroy Intel". This is just not true. At the present moment Intel has a near monopoly in the consumer CPU market and that will take years to break as the average Joe still hears Intel and thinks amazing CPU. Also from the info AMD is doing a good job at beating the target CPU. Ryzen was made to be close to the 6900K. It is basically the exact same. While people might say "The 6900K costs way more" we currently dont have the price of Ryzen. We also know for a fact AMD wont price it at $350 like people think. They will lose money doing that so we can make a reasonable estimation that it will cost around $500-700. Remember this is the highest end chip in the consumer Zen lineup. Its not going to be a budget chip. Now the second one ; "Ryzen beats every Intel CPU". Well theres still the Intel 6950X, 5960X, and every Xeon ever made that people keep conviniently forgetting about. We also know nothing about the other CPUs in the Zen lineup so we cant make assumptions about performance because of their best chip. Thats like judging Nvidias lineup from the Titan XP. On to the next lie. "i7's will be obselete". As I stated in the last point Intel still has a better name and similar performance. And thats only the extreme editions. With the consumer chips most people have never heard of the FX line. And the final one ; "Its Ryzen now isnt it?" Huh... No, thats the name of their highest end chip. Im also going to make one final point about price. Intel can lower prices whenever they want, they make extreme margins, so price is no issue to them. Hope this cleared up a few issues in the community! Stay hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I don't get the point in this, it's just more estimations

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, stealth80 said:

Its disproving estimations

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

every Xeon ever made

You mean the old Nehalem Xeons will beat this Zen chip? :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

You mean the old Nehalem Xeons will beat this Zen chip? :P

No I was making the point that people forgot about them :P 

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

Some estimations are better than others. Ryzen 8 Core won't cost less than $500, or I will eat my proverbial hat.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Some estimations are better than others. Ryzen 8 Core won't cost less than $500, or I will eat my proverbial hat.

Well toting things we think make sense as facts isn't that much better than the hype train 'facts'. We don't need threads going about making more assumptions as though they are facts. We need threads explaining that we really know little besides come specs and a couple benchmarks

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

3 minutes ago, Moress said:

Well toting things we think make sense as facts isn't that much better than the hype train 'facts'. We don't need threads going about making more assumptions as though they are facts. We need threads explaining that we really know little besides come specs and a couple benchmarks

I did explain. I pointed out exact estimations while others did not. AFAIK my only estimation was price which is a very reasonable one and well accepted

Spoiler

AXIOM

The main reason I'm glad AMD has released such a powerful chip is that it will most likely cause intel to lower their prices to much more reasonable amounts and we can finally have a proper competitive scene in the high end chip market.

I don't understand why people would want AMD to lose just because they have intel CPUs. It doesn't make these any cheaper.

I'd like to see Zen become so competitive to a point where both companies will phase out dual cores for desktop consumers and just keep the lowest model to 4C/4T. The rest will go with something like 4C/8T then higher would have 6C/6T or 6C/12T something like that would be totally cool...even if it were far away :(

Think about this, if AMD can get their things together and become so competitive. We can have 8C/16T chips within our T-rex-like reach.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."