Is it really worth waiting for the new architecture?

I am in the market looking for a new PC, and I have set myself a budget of around £1000-1150 for the system. The new system will be primarily used for gaming and any work will only be with light programming software or office programs. For most of the parts, I am pretty much decided on them, for a quick overview here's a basic run of what I'm getting:

-Cryorig H7 air cooler

-16 GB

-1070 EVGA FTW

-1TB hard drive

-Solid state drive for the OS

-Windows 10 Pro

The original plan was to get the i5-6600k, however, time passed as I gathered the enough money for the rig and now I'm sat halfway through December ready to buy the system but I am just wondering if it would be worth waiting for Kabylake or even Ryzen. I don't really want to wait longer than say a few weeks into January maybe say the 20-25th to have a majority of my system ready to build, but with CES just at the beginning of January is it worth it waiting out to see if Kabylake appears then, as its heavily rumoured to do so or even to see if Ryzen makes an appearance. 

I would be looking at the i5-7600k in Kabylake and roughly a Ryzen equivalent of that chip. Kabylake especially is rumoured to early Jan at CES, so it looks likely that might be the way to go, but Ryzen is more up in the air, as to a release date,  but would anyone say that if just Kabylake or neither chip is released early Jan it would just be worth getting Skylake or going with Kabylake if that releases early Jan, as it's likely rumoured to do so. 

I wouldn't wait. Kaby Lake overall has minimal performance gains over Skylake. Ryzen is also going to only be available in limited quantities and it's going to be the 8c 16t chip which will likely still cost a few hundred dollars more than a i5 CPU. 

It's not worth waiting for Kaby Lake, but Zen could potentially lead to lower prices. What do you have right now?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Waiting for Zen is somewhat worth it. Waiting for desktop Kaby really isn't, unless you plan to use Thunderbolt 3 on a Z270 board.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, Pumpedxd said:

I am in the market looking for a new PC, and I have set myself a budget of around £1000-1150 for the system. The new system will be primarily used for gaming and any work will only be with light programming software or office programs. For most of the parts, I am pretty much decided on them, for a quick overview here's a basic run of what I'm getting:

-Cryorig H7 air cooler

-16 GB

-1070 EVGA FTW

-1TB hard drive

-Solid state drive for the OS

-Windows 10 Pro

The original plan was to get the i5-6600k, however, time passed as I gathered the enough money for the rig and now I'm sat halfway through December ready to buy the system but I am just wondering if it would be worth waiting for Kabylake or even Ryzen. I don't really want to wait longer than say a few weeks into January maybe say the 20-25th to have a majority of my system ready to build, but with CES just at the beginning of January is it worth it waiting out to see if Kabylake appears then, as its heavily rumoured to do so or even to see if Ryzen makes an appearance. 

I would be looking at the i5-7600k in Kabylake and roughly a Ryzen equivalent of that chip. Kabylake especially is rumoured to early Jan at CES, so it looks likely that might be the way to go, but Ryzen is more up in the air, as to a release date,  but would anyone say that if just Kabylake or neither chip is released early Jan it would just be worth getting Skylake or going with Kabylake if that releases early Jan, as it's likely rumoured to do so. 

wait for ryzen and kabylake is not worth getting.  

5 minutes ago, Rolfejc said:

I wouldn't wait. Kaby Lake overall has minimal performance gains over Skylake. Ryzen is also going to only be available in limited quantities and it's going to be the 8c 16t chip which will likely still cost a few hundred dollars more than a i5 CPU. 

Sources for Ryzen chips and availability? 

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

2 minutes ago, Moress said:

Sources for Ryzen chips and availability? 

Logic.

Just now, Matu20 said:

Logic.

So talking out of your ass is logic? k.
Truth is we have no clue on what chips they'll have, the prices, availability or actual release date. 

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Just now, Moress said:

So talking out of your ass is logic? k.
Truth is we have no clue on what chips they'll have, the prices, availability or actual release date. 

It's not out of "his" ass. We know the ballpark performance, so we can assume the ballpark cost, simple as that.

19 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's not worth waiting for Kaby Lake, but Zen could potentially lead to lower prices. What do you have right now?

I currently have a system but its GPU is holding me back in playing newer titles, I've been holding back with this system for a few months now, so another few weeks wouldn't be too much of a problem as I can get by. 

I wanted to get my system early Jan and from rumours, it seemed Kabylake was more likely than Ryzen to release around the CES period. It just seemed a little foolish buying Skylake when I could wait for Kabylake, even if it's only a minor improvement. 

However, rumours are just rumours and for all I know Ryzen could be out in a months time and Kabylake is nowhere to be seen. I think I'll just wait until the first few weeks in early Jan and if Kabylake is out, with a good price and not a failure. I think I'd be better off adopting the new chips. Otherwise, if neither are to be seen, I think I'd just bite the bullet and get the 6700k as I have been waiting for a good few months now and I'm eager to get it built by the end of Jan.