Sony announces Sony Rewards which offer points for Playstation & other Sony purchases that can be traded in for rewards.

What the title says.

Sony Rewards offers points for PlayStation purchases by Steve Watts, Oct 30, 2013 3:00pm PDT

Related Topics – PlayStation 3SonyVitaPlayStation 4Sony Rewards

Sony's last stab at an incentives program didn't work out, but you know what they say about getting back on the horse. The company revealed a new rewards program today, one that lets you earn points from PlayStation and other Sony products.

"Sony Rewards" lets you earn points by purchasing PlayStation products online and through retailers like GameStop, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. For example, buying a 1-year Plus membership will net you 250 points. Scanning in ticket stubs to Sony movies can earn you up to 400 points. Simply signing up earns you 100 points for a limited time.

Points can be redeemed for a variety of prizes, at a rate of 1 point per cent. For example, a $10 PSN code is 1000 points, while new games cost 5,999 points.

I got an email about this and signed up immediately. Pretty cool. A reward program for PSN. :D

PS+ was already a good deal ($50 for a year subscription and in 3 months I already have $100 worth of games), but this adds more to it. I like it. 

What I like most about it is that it isn't just about video games. It's about everything. Movies, music, any Sony Entertainment purchase pretty much nets you points. 

Interestingly, as of this posting, Sony Rewards' website is down. Lol Guess they got hit pretty hard. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

What the title says.

I got an email about this and signed up immediately. Pretty cool. A reward program for PSN. :D

PS+ was already a good deal ($50 for a year subscription and in 3 months I already have $100 worth of games), but this adds more to it. I like it. 

What I like most about it is that it isn't just about video games. It's about everything. Movies, music, any Sony Entertainment purchase pretty much nets you points. 

Interestingly, as of this posting, Sony Rewards' website is down. Lol Guess they got hit pretty hard.

I think part of it would have to do with removing the middleman and passing a small portion saved onto the consumer.

Error: 410

If their servers are going down now, I'm gonna laugh when the day one patch comes out...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Steam pls do this.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

US only as usual sony still up to their old tricks.  -_-

Nothing to do with trickery. Just abiding by the laws and regulations set by countries and banks. If Sony Rewards (the credit card where you can get points to buy Sony products) is available in your country, then PSN integration of Sony Rewards may come in the future. In Canada, Sony Rewards is available, but the PSN integration is not applicable. I have high hopes it will be available. I wouldn't be surprised to see the total points required to buy a product is slightly higher for non-US users to offset taxes - though I don't know how this will work in Canada since Sony eliminated taxes on the PSN.

*Keep note, Sony Rewards already allows points generated to apply for PlayStation purchases (either games via the on-line Sony store or PSN cards). Sadly, as with almost all points-based or promotional-based credit cards, there are fees (set by financial service aka VISA or Mastercard), so I personally have not signed up. I may in the near future if I become a frequent shopper of things.

Is it sort of like Gamestop's PowerUp Rewards system?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Is it sort of like Gamestop's PowerUp Rewards system?

Basically, yeah. Except I don't think your points ever expire.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.