FX 8320 Air Cooling

Divu Kels

As my upgrade didn't go as originally planned, I was stuck with getting the FX 8320 a upgrade none the less, my Seidon 120v however is not in good shape and can barley get the fans on cause of stripped holes... I was wondering what is the best Air Cooler that is not overly expensive for a FX 8320 + MSI 970 Gaming motherboard with a overclock of 4.5ghz at 1.432v. (I have it stable at this right now) I was looking at Be Quiet! and Cryorig but decided to get a 2nd opinion before making my newegg wishlist for next month when I upgrade my Fans & GPU... 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

Have you considered just using zipties for the fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

Have you considered just using zipties for the fans?

I have considered using Zip ties yes, but decided just to get a new cooler. I am using Newegg and Jet.com but perfer Newegg when possible. I would like to try and spend no more the 40-50 if its an Air cooler... as I know anything above that really would probally be better off with a Liquid cooler which I have considered that as well but have been told in the long run the Air Coolers with my Thermaltake Versa H22 case would be best...and tend to work better then most 120mm AIO anyhow. As for Location in in Maine USA.  

2 minutes ago, Divu Kels said:

I have considered using Zip ties yes, but decided just to get a new cooler. I am using Newegg and Jet.com but perfer Newegg when possible. I would like to try and spend no more the 40-50 if its an Air cooler... as I know anything above that really would probally be better off with a Liquid cooler which I have considered that as well but have been told in the long run the Air Coolers with my Thermaltake Versa H22 case would be best...and tend to work better then most 120mm AIO anyhow. As for Location in in Maine USA.  

Fuma: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/dVwqqs/scythe-cpu-cooler-scfm1000

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The Fuma one of the best HSF's on the market at a unbeatable price and if you tighten it right it will even out perform the D15 by a fair amount.