Bethesda.... ugh

CantThinkOfAUserName

So I was playing FO4 and for some reason when I bring up the pip boy or the start menu I get 60fps locked forever at the location "Wreck of the USA Riptide". The second I shot at any if the enemies at the location BOOM fps down to 10fps locked for no reason at all. Second I fast travel away I'm back up to 60fps. I then traveled back to the location of low fps and it was fine....till I shot at an enemy then BOOM 10fps again. I don't know if it's Bethesda's geriatric engine that needs to die already or bad optimization from drivers but it's unacceptable. How does Bethesda get away with this kind of stuff while other companies get nailed to a cross?

6 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

So I was playing FO4 and for some reason when I bring up the pip boy or the start menu I get 60fps locked forever at the location "Wreck of the USA Riptide". The second I shot at any if the enemies at the location BOOM fps down to 10fps locked for no reason at all. Second I fast travel away I'm back up to 60fps. I then traveled back to the location of low fps and it was fine....till I shot at an enemy then BOOM 10fps again. I don't know if it's Bethesda's geriatric engine that needs to die already or bad optimization from drivers but it's unacceptable. How does Bethesda get away with this kind of stuff while other companies get nailed to a cross?

Have you contacted them for support? Honestly this sounds like a bug, or a localized glitch from bad drivers, corrupt system files, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Have you contacted them for support? Honestly this sounds like a bug, or a localized glitch from bad drivers, corrupt system files, etc.

If it's a bug, don't rely on Bethesda to fix it. I'd sooner recommend using the unofficial patch.

Just now, Daring said:

If it's a bug, don't rely on Bethesda to fix it. I'd sooner recommend using the unofficial patch.

Well before he does that, the OP needs to first diagnose and troubleshoot the error. And contacting Bethesda support is the first step to that.

There's no guarantee that the unofficial patch will fix this particular issue. And if he does contact support afterwards, there being an unofficial patch installed will make the job harder for the support team.

If they can't solve the issue? Then go ahead and try unofficial/third party patches.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Well before he does that, the OP needs to first diagnose and troubleshoot the error. And contacting Bethesda support is the first step to that.

There's no guarantee that the unofficial patch will fix this particular issue. And if he does contact support afterwards, there being an unofficial patch installed will make the job harder for the support team.

If they can't solve the issue? Then go ahead and try unofficial/third party patches.

It stopped happening to me just as quickly as it started. Seriously want Bethesda to make a new engine that has less shitty bugs already.

My Game runs fine. Dont see any wrongdoing from Bethesda.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

I have this link on bookmark since I use it so much.

And?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

And?

Read it first cause I don't believe you have: your individual experience with the game it's fucking meaningless to determine whenever or not a bug or issue is widespread or if the game generally works fine. People like you do nothing but waste everybody's fucking time with "Works fine for me!" bullshit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Read it first cause I don't believe you have: your individual experience with the game it's fucking meaningless to determine whenever or not a bug or issue is widespread or if the game generally works fine. People like you do nothing but waste everybody's fucking time with "Works fine for me!" bullshit.

Ahh i understand. People who whine about Game Performance when 99% they are the source themself is way better. Good to know.

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Ahh i understand. People who whine about Game Performance when 99% they are the source themself is way better. Good to know.

Except you just made that 99% number up out of nothing cause you're projecting in your defense of a company for no good reason.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Except you just made that 99% number up out of nothing cause you're projecting in your defense of a company for no good reason.

*yawn* -_-

Well for some reason it is starting to happen again. Like when in the vault that you go to in the first railroad mission with Deacon the fps would drop below 30 in the vault but only when standing close to the left inner most corner. When I walked back keeping the camera in the same spot (walked back about 1 foot in game) the fps progressively got better depending on how far I walked back while rendering more of the scene instead of less. This happens in random areas in the game for now reason.

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

I didnt cause this issue Im running the game 100% without mods and havnt touched any of the files and even validated all files as well. Bethesda games have a rep for being buggy as hell and this game is no exception. You have to remember an exception doesn't prove the rule.

1 hour ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

>actually playing that garbage casualized game and actually buying it and giving Bethesda money

+1 for assuming I'm the one who bought it. 

On a serious note I did like the crafting and settlement building. Hated that they fucked up the skills system of fo3 and new vegas. :(

I get the same thing all around Far Harbor and in Quincy.

Unofficial FO4 Patch fixed most of it, but if I ever try to snipe something it all goes sideways

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

5 hours ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

+1 for assuming I'm the one who bought it. 

On a serious note I did like the crafting and settlement building. Hated that they fucked up the skills system of fo3 and new vegas. :(

They also fucked up lack of content and dialogue and story And characters and ammo and unique weapon types and lore and a metric fuck ton of other things as well.

new vegas is such a better game than the garbage we got.

Are you running a steam version of the game or did you obtain it through non-steam channels?

I notice when steam is up my performance is different than when i don't run steam. 

4 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

Are you running a steam version of the game or did you obtain it through non-steam channels?

I notice when steam is up my performance is different than when i don't run steam. 

Steam and you have to run steam if you play it through steam