StarCitizen Question

Little Bear

Is there any cheap way to buy the game? Whats the best package for a low price? What do I need other than a well specced computer?

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

A mouse and keyboard obviously, and the cheapest way to buy the game is with the cheapest Game Package, and if you use a referal code, you'll get some in-game money as well, which is nice, but as far as I know, the minimum you'll have to spend is $54

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

1 minute ago, fredihaberg said:

A mouse and keyboard obviously, and the cheapest way to buy the game is with the cheapest Game Package, and if you use a referal code, you'll get some in-game money as well, which is nice, but as far as I know, the minimum you'll have to spend is $54

Thank you.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, Little Bear said:

Is there any cheap way to buy the game? Whats the best package for a low price? What do I need other than a well specced computer?

well, you missed the anniversary sale last month where you could get a Star Citizen starter package for 35 USD, but there will also be the holiday sale this Friday. If you're lucky they'll put out another batch of cheap packages, but you'll have to act quick as those are usually sold out within minutes. Also be aware that putting it in the cart does not reserve it for you.

This is only valid for Star Citizen (MMO), I do not recall them reducing the Squadron 42 pre-order (singleplayer). If you want both you can get SQ42 as a 15 USD add on to you Star Citizen package, however for some reason those are not publicly in the store. Costumer service might help you here.

Other than that you can get a referral code from here and have a little extra money at game start: 

and if you fell like spending more money you can refer to gyre-teanns guide:

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

There are two sets of packages you can get

you can get either of these for 45 dollars and get only Star Citizen, that's the big universe game:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-SC-Starter

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-SC-Starter

or you can get these for 60 which include Squadron 42 the single player game as well, when it releases:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Combo

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Combo

Thank for the responses.

Personally, I'd wait for the holiday sale, but in the past, they shipped Squadron 42 with Star Citizen, what a shame that they removed that...

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

On 13/12/2016 at 5:51 PM, fredihaberg said:

Personally, I'd wait for the holiday sale, but in the past, they shipped Squadron 42 with Star Citizen, what a shame that they removed that...

They always said they would

Wait for sales, however, you can get the Squadron 42 package for as low as $45 right now. Keep in mind that does not include Star Citizen, the multiple online part of the game.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Squadron-42-Standalone-Pledge

If you want to also get SC, you can get this for $60.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Combo

However, during sales the prices should go down some. I've seen the S42 go to $25 before.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |