LTT app?

Little Bear
2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Eating breakfast and on mobile, but I'll link the reference when I get from work.

Then PM them? Nothing is preventing you from making unofficial app. You just need to make it clear it's unofficial. The main reason there isn't any official app is time and money. It would need to have complete tech support for users, like what mortis is doing with forums. LMG doesn't have money to hire full-time dev for that. Even now developing floatplane is done with volunteers.

If you are willing to put in hours to do it, I don't see why not. Just remember that like browser extensions, you need to make both Android and iOS versions, not just one.

Thank you for the response @LoGiCalDrm.

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Little Bear said:

Thank you for the response @LoGiCalDrm.

Now to be clear. I'm not forum dev or any official way affiliated to LMG or forum staff. The reason @Ryan_Vickers tagged me to this is blog post I made. WARNING!!! Due so many links and other formatting the post is very heavy to load. I don't recommend using mobile connection to it. It almost crashes my desktop browser.

This isn't first time question about app has come up. In fact, its not first this year. It is first of this month since last on my records, and the time I made listing, was about month ago. You can read up latest responses from admin/mod/dev level there.

(It seems I've got some typos there too. Will be fixing them next time I reformat.)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

31 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Now to be clear. I'm not forum dev or any official way affiliated to LMG or forum staff. The reason @Ryan_Vickers tagged me to this is blog post I made. WARNING!!! Due so many links and other formatting the post is very heavy to load. I don't recommend using mobile connection to it. It almost crashes my desktop browser.

This isn't first time question about app has come up. In fact, its not first this year. It is first of this month since last on my records, and the time I made listing, was about month ago. You can read up latest responses from admin/mod/dev level there.

(It seems I've got some typos there too. Will be fixing them next time I reformat.)

Thanks again.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

42 minutes ago, YoungProgrammer said:

I was going to start work on one. Maybe we should do a community effort with a community repo or something like that?

Sounds like a plan. I'll keep this post informed.

54 minutes ago, YoungProgrammer said:

Cool. If we are going to do a community project, can I edge you towards either bitbucket or GitHub for the repo ;)

GitHub, probably.

Anybody here interested in being involved in this?

2 hours ago, YoungProgrammer said:

10/10 would use again lol

Would you be interested in helping with development?

13 hours ago, Himommies said:

What would it be about

It would have the forums(that are scaled perfectly, because of interface would be designed for this use), New videos, and possibly YouTube integration to help you find videos you haven't watched yet, or have 'favorited' for quick access. If i'm feeling really ambitious, I might contact pcpartpicker for an API.

17 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

1. Cause it's faster than all of the above including the iPhone 6S (same hardware but lower resolution thus = faster)

2. Cause there's no reason to get the 5/5S over the SE since it's an improved version of those two

3. Cause the company I work for paid for it and I could either stick to my used HTC One M8 or get the brand new, faster iPhone (sadly, 6S was not an option)

I guess your reasoning is sound :) personally I just got a 6 because it was on sale much cheaper than MSRP and anywhere I could find it and I prefer a bigger screen (although pixel density is decent at best)

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

I'm planning to do the android version first, because its less work. Contact me if you're interested in helping, or sharing ideas.

1 hour ago, YoungProgrammer said:

maybeeeee... ;) 

Why not make a BitBucket team and then have two repos under that team. One for Android, one for iOS and work on them in tandem. If we get a few of us together then we should be (somewhat) set...

The only thing for me is I have to find the program I'm going to use to compile it. I know the languages, I just need the SDK.

1 hour ago, YoungProgrammer said:

maybeeeee... ;) 

Why not make a BitBucket team and then have two repos under that team. One for Android, one for iOS and work on them in tandem. If we get a few of us together then we should be (somewhat) set...

I'm looking into BitBucket now.

5 minutes ago, YoungProgrammer said:

I personally quite like it. We probably should also get something like slack set up...

Whats slack?

1 minute ago, YoungProgrammer said:

Bit like discord. I like it. Discord or slack really. Team chat app. https://slack.com/

Also, I am free tomorrow (but with a minor cough) if you want to bounce ideas

I can't right now; I didn't sleep at all last night, so i'm getting ready to sleep.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:02 AM, Little Bear said:

Why isn't there a LTT app, and if there isn't any planned development, could I work on it?

Some people like me have made apps for LTT content like videos. The APIs available are not enough to make a  full forum app around.

And LTT has expressed a lack of interest of making an app due to how the cost they think it would require.

I am strongly against the decision and nobody but me really is bothered by this decision.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

15 hours ago, Little Bear said:

I'm looking into BitBucket now.

15 hours ago, YoungProgrammer said:

Lol same. UK at 22:00 :D

However, I probably will sleep to 8-10. Depends if I can be asked to get up... lel

I've already started work on LTT content apps if you're willing to join. I'm doing this with a few LTT friends and we're on slack.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I've already started work on LTT content apps if you're willing to join. I'm doing this with a few LTT friends and we're on slack.

Seems interesting, I'll think about it. 

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Some people like me have made apps for LTT content like videos. The APIs available are not enough to make a  full forum app around.

And LTT has expressed a lack of interest of making an app due to how the cost they think it would require.

I am strongly against the decision and nobody but me really is bothered by this decision.

I already made the forum app, I just need to implement more features, such as: PCPartPicker, a button to import your pc parts you've built, or are planning on building, customizable notifications, and a few things along those lines.

10 minutes ago, YoungProgrammer said:

Sounds cool. What for? Android? W32?

I've made it for ios and android.

20 minutes ago, YoungProgrammer said:

Oh cool :D. What with? Open Source? Closed Source? (Or is all secrets???)

I had it generated for reference, but its a fully functional app. I even have the APK.

8 hours ago, YoungProgrammer said:

Mhm. Release? Or not?

It won't be the release because the current version is tied to a license I don't want to pay for. So, I'm going to mimic most of the code.

26 minutes ago, YoungProgrammer said:

Ah. No OS libs available?

It's just easier to do it this way. If you want to jointhe slack team I created, let me know.

6 hours ago, YoungProgrammer said:

If you are using swift with xCode, please. Otherwise, I'm cool :)

Thanks for the offer and sorry for the late reply.

Is it available on windows?

1 hour ago, Little Bear said:

Is it available on windows?

Xcode is Mac only. It's used for developing for IOS and Windows Mac.

Thank you Ryan for helping me avoid some embarrassment -_-.

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Xcode is Mac only. It's used for developing for IOS and Windows.

wait, what?  They use Xcode to write Windows? :S 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

16 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

wait, what?  They use Xcode to write Windows? :S 

My bad. IDEK. Sometimes I start writing and I'll quote a friend of mine here "the bullshit just flows" and you forget what you're writing/typing.