SSD or HHD for laptop

Nipplemilk909

Hi, 

I'm currently hitting the maximum amount of storage for my laptop, need some advise on getting an ssh or HHD 

My laptop

Asus u47a i5 with 12g ram 

Current storage it has is an HHD 250 GB 

I'm thinking of getting a 1T storage device, 

I use this devise for a lot of things an IT student would use  and I mainly play league of legends,

Would getting myself and ssd significantly help compared to a 1T HHD ? Or is the difference not worth it? 

19 minutes ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

Hi, 

I'm currently hitting the maximum amount of storage for my laptop, need some advise on getting an ssh or HHD 

My laptop

Asus u47a i5 with 12g ram 

Current storage it has is an HHD 250 GB 

I'm thinking of getting a 1T storage device, 

I use this devise for a lot of things an IT student would use  and I mainly play league of legends,

Would getting myself and ssd significantly help compared to a 1T HHD ? Or is the difference not worth it? 

Sad gives you less storage but faster speeds for your money and a hard drive gives you more storage but way slower. My computer boots up in 10ish seconds with my SSD :)

The difference between an HDD and an SSD is highly worth it. One of the best upgrades I ever did to my PC was changing to an SSD. Also if you're moving around a lot with your computer which most people with laptops do, having an SSD would be much more practical because there are no moving parts inside which can get disrupted by movements such as in an HDD.

CPU: Core i7 5930k     GPU: MSI GTX980 OC      Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 16GB      PSU: Corsair CX750      Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Case: NZXT Phantom 410     Storage: 2x256GB Samsung SSDs RAID 0      Display: ASUS 1ms 60hz 1080p

capaciis it a universal fit? Not sure if laptops require their own type of size 

32 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Get a 500GB MX300, a solid compromise between price, performance and capacity

Would it be a universal fit? Not sure if this would fit in my machine 

Harddrives are obsolete except as maybe a storage drive.  SSD is the way to go.

The MX300 is a 2.5" formfactor which is the standard size used in most laptops.