[Amazon US] $50 off V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Headphones

http://a.co/87eW9Gc

Awesome pair of headphones that usually cost around $200-230 on Amazon but one of the colors is down to $163 right now and it's by far the lowest I've seen them. No idea how long the sale will last so you'd definitely want to buy them as soon as possible and if you've been looking for a closed-back, great-sounding (but not neutral), stylish, and great build quality pair of headphones I'm sure these won't disappoint at all. I've heard pretty much nothing but good things about them and there really isn't any competition for what they're priced at right now.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=V-MODA+Crossfade+M-100

If you buy the headphones I'd recommend buying the V-MODA XL memory foam ear pads as well which really improves the comfort level.

Also, Amazon is amazing. If you end up not liking them, you can return them to Amazon within the first 30-days no questions asked for a full refund. Amazon even covers return shipping. So if you wanted to get these as a Christmas present and the person receiving them ends up not liking them too much, you have over two weeks past Chrismas to return them for a refund. 

I just purchased the headphones and pads for myself and I'm so excited for them to get here :D

Bah too bad the wireless ones aren't on sale.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Bah too bad the wireless ones aren't on sale.

Yeah, those look promising and I'd say especially so with more and more phones coming out with no headphone jack :/ I'd have probably gone with those instead if they were on sale.

Good news is though that V-MODA will let you exchange your current headphones in for 50% MSRP towards a new pair of headphones at MSRP from their site. When the wireless future comes, it won't be too expensive to upgrade.

25 minutes ago, Awakening said:

Yeah, those look promising and I'd say especially so with more and more phones coming out with no headphone jack :/ I'd have probably gone with those instead if they were on sale.

Good news is though that V-MODA will let you exchange your current headphones in for 50% MSRP towards a new pair of headphones at MSRP from their site. When the wireless future comes, it won't be too expensive to upgrade.

Right now they have a pretty solid deal where you get 10% off, a free boom mic, and free customizing.

I can't believe they offer platinum side covers. Who in their right mind would pay $27,000 for a pair of VModa headphones.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

19 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Right now they have a pretty solid deal where you get 10% off, a free boom mic, and free customizing.

I can't believe they offer platinum side covers. Who in their right mind would pay $27,000 for a pair of VModa headphones.

I guess if you're wanting to invest in platinum and buy a pair of M-100s, why not? :P

(assuming the weight of the platinum warrants the price tag)

That's not a bad deal though without the platinum plates considering MSRP is what all the other retailers are at right now so you're not spending more money when buying from their website instead of somewhere like Amazon. I couldn't find the offer though.

4 hours ago, Awakening said:

I guess if you're wanting to invest in platinum and buy a pair of M-100s, why not? :P

(assuming the weight of the platinum warrants the price tag)

That's not a bad deal though without the platinum plates considering MSRP is what all the other retailers are at right now so you're not spending more money when buying from their website instead of somewhere like Amazon. I couldn't find the offer though.

Haha, I highly doubt that it's the cost of the platinum. It's $29k for 2.2lbs, and there's no way there's that much in the headphone shields :P

The offer is on their banner, home page.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Haha, I highly doubt that it's the cost of the platinum. It's $29k for 2.2lbs, and there's no way there's that much in the headphone shields :P

The offer is on their banner, home page.

Ok, so then much cheaper to just mill some Platinum into the shape of those plates. Seems like it's either a rip-off or an expensive neck exerciser with 2lbs of platinum :P

And I found it. If I only I had the money to spend on those, but even if I did, I'd feel obligated to buy a pair of HD650s instead. $30 off and a free Boompro is a really good deal though and I'm sure that'd make for a hell of a gaming headset when not listening to music.

41 minutes ago, Awakening said:

Ok, so then much cheaper to just mill some Platinum into the shape of those plates. Seems like it's either a rip-off or an expensive neck exerciser with 2lbs of platinum :P

And I found it. If I only I had the money to spend on those, but even if I did, I'd feel obligated to buy a pair of HD650s instead. $30 off and a free Boompro is a really good deal though and I'm sure that'd make for a hell of a gaming headset when not listening to music.

Depending on how much waste is created, definitely haha. At least from a retaining value aspect it'd be much better to just buy the metal.

Yeah? I'm more of a fond of closed back headphones with a bit more bass. Not a fan of the open back.

I'm picking up a Hyper X headset tomorrow. Getting it for $60 down from ~$225. They're supposed to be decent. Can't really think of what more you'd need just for gaming.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Depending on how much waste is created, definitely haha. At least from a retaining value aspect it'd be much better to just buy the metal.

Yeah? I'm more of a fond of closed back headphones with a bit more bass. Not a fan of the open back.

I'm picking up a Hyper X headset tomorrow. Getting it for $60 down from ~$225. They're supposed to be decent. Can't really think of what more you'd need just for gaming.

Wait, so you're going to spend around $160 on a gaming headset? I think you're making a big mistake there. If you want a gaming headset, you'd be better off with an open-back pair that has a wider soundstage as that's a lot more important for games than heavy bass. The Philips SHP9500 paired with a V-MODA Boom Pro dominates any gaming headset at any price point and you'd honestly be miles better off with that combo than going with the Hyper X headset. Also be weary of the X II because some regard it having worst sound quality than the X because it switches to a USB connection instead of a 3.5mm jack. The audio quality will be noticeably degraded on the X II if you have a decent DAC because the X II is stuck with its internal DAC.

And this will actually be my first high-end headphones. Eventually I aim to have the HD650s as well which I'd use more often at home and then have the M-100s mostly for mobile use and maybe even some EDM music depending which headset I prefer that genre on. Nonetheless, I can't wait to finally hear some high-quality headphones.

2 hours ago, Awakening said:

-snip-

Haha, no no. It's $60. :) Regular price is $225. So, about $45 USD.

I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't like open backed headphones. I bought a pair of decent ones back in the day, and sold them after an hour of use. I think audiophiles seek a more neutral sound. I like a more rich, bass filled sound.

I also can't staaaand velour ear cups. Worst feeling things ever!

The one I'm getting is the CloudX, which is supposed to be quite a bit better than the Cloud II. It also works with the Xbox without needing a $35 adapter (it's main use). It just runs off of the 3.5mm cables, not usb.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

8 hours ago, dizmo said:

Haha, no no. It's $60. :) Regular price is $225. So, about $45 USD.

I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't like open backed headphones. I bought a pair of decent ones back in the day, and sold them after an hour of use. I think audiophiles seek a more neutral sound. I like a more rich, bass filled sound.

I also can't staaaand velour ear cups. Worst feeling things ever!

The one I'm getting is the CloudX, which is supposed to be quite a bit better than the Cloud II. It also works with the Xbox without needing a $35 adapter (it's main use). It just runs off of the 3.5mm cables, not usb.

Oh, alright. That's not a bad deal then. Take list prices with a grain of salt though, aha.

And you kind of need to let headphones burn in before you can actually rate their sound quality. That's most likely why you didn't like them. Burn-in, from what I've heard, can very well go from bad sound quality to amazing sound quality.

Maybe order a good pair of open-backs again when you're up for it, give it like three weeks, and if you're still not into it then return them. I bet you'll be surprised.

Also, a good thing about neutral headphones is that you can adjust the sound profile to whatever you want and it'll sound good (as long as your profile is good, obviously). If you want more bass, search for some equalizer profiles online, apply the profile, and now the sound signature of your neutral headphones is completely different. Yes, closed-back will give you punchier bass, but open-backs can still give you more than enough bass unless you're after something that shakes your head.

5 hours ago, Awakening said:

Oh, alright. That's not a bad deal then. Take list prices with a grain of salt though, aha.

And you kind of need to let headphones burn in before you can actually rate their sound quality. That's most likely why you didn't like them. Burn-in, from what I've heard, can very well go from bad sound quality to amazing sound quality.

Maybe order a good pair of open-backs again when you're up for it, give it like three weeks, and if you're still not into it then return them. I bet you'll be surprised.

Also, a good thing about neutral headphones is that you can adjust the sound profile to whatever you want and it'll sound good (as long as your profile is good, obviously). If you want more bass, search for some equalizer profiles online, apply the profile, and now the sound signature of your neutral headphones is completely different. Yes, closed-back will give you punchier bass, but open-backs can still give you more than enough bass unless you're after something that shakes your head.

Haha, sadly in Canada list prices are generally what they go for. Dell had them on sale for $119, but after tax, shipping, etc you're still up to about $150.

I let them burn in for the required amount of time. I still wasn't a fan. Might have been the velour ear cups, but who knows.

I may try them in the future, but dropping another $350 on headphones I'm iffy about is a little tough.

My next pair of headphones is likely going to be the B&W P7 Wireless or Master & Dynamic MW60 wireless. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler