Pc with low watt usage and for big picture mode

Hi

I want to build a new low watt usage Pc, but im not sure if i should let it on for put it to sleep.

Any suggestions?

1. Specs with low watt usage

2. Best mode (on, sleep, hibernation)

3.Best for Steam big picture and streaming

16 minutes ago, KingGamer said:

Hi

I want to build a new low watt usage Pc, but im not sure if i should let it on for put it to sleep.

Any suggestions?

Well putting it to sleep always will reduce power consumption, but I'd just turn it off if you can. Always better (duh). 

You'll want to look for a very efficient PSU (80+ platinum, titanium), make sure if you overclock NOT to disable c-states for your CPU, that'll allow it to sip less power. Dedicated GPUs will sap more power, but if you want to game you'll have to deal with that. Maybe look for options like the 1050ti that only need the PCIe slot for power.

Hibernation is good IF you write to a hard drive, if you use an SSD it works, but will wear out the NAND faster since it is literally taking your system memory and writing it to a drive.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

2 hours ago, KingGamer said:

Hi

Any suggestions?

You mention you want to use it for Big Picture and Streaming.  Did you mean you want to stream from another computer to this box or from this box to another computer? 

If you already have another computer that you want to stream from, you could consider getting a Steam Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/  They're a little expensive right now but go on sale from time to time.  (I got mine for $20 during Black Friday).  They're small and use very little power compared to a full PC, but require another PC to be on in order to operate (it is not a standalone device). 

Edit: If you want to run the games locally on this device and stream to other devices, you're going to have to build a proper computer, which is going to take some power.  You can try and reduce what power it does use by doing some of the things @tarfeef101 already mentioned above. 

Honestly, just get a NUC.  

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-nuc6i3syk.html 65 Watts.  

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-nuc6i7kyk-features-configurations.html And the Skull Canyon NUC is only 120 if you need more horsepower.

Can't really think of a lower wattage system other than the HDMI PC Sticks.  They only draw about 2.5 watts.