Looking For a Small reciever

ATrollAaaNnnnn

Ive been on the look for a reciever that I can use for deskwide audio setup.

I'd prefer it to look presentable but I dont mind modding it aesthetically.

I need a reciever with the following features:

Front 6mm or 3.5mm headphone out

Back balanced trs or rca out (not an output for unpowered speaker, just a pass through)

3-4 trs or rca in

All in a relatively small footprint.

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

1 hour ago, NightBladeDK said:

-snip-

Your requirements are a little up and down. There is no such thing as a "balanced" TRS or RCA adapter. Are you looking for XLR? You also want it to be RCA pass-through... so you have active speakers already?

I don't know of one single unit with all of these requirements. But here are two small devices that will accomplish what you want and a little more. It's not cheap. But you never said it has to be ;)

DAC/Pre-pro: http://emotiva.com/products/dacs/electronics/dacs/stealth-dc-1

RCA Switch: https://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/electronics/sp-1

@JohnT I misused balanced right there, my bad. What I mean simply a normal RCA output, one each for left and right channels. Yea I already have powered speakers. And my budget is flexible, though I'd like to avoid spending a load on this. Thanks for the input will update the op when I get Infront of my computer.

That first one works for my needs but that second one is nearly perfect.

Having usb, optical and RCA inputs are great. Though the $500 pricetag is intense.

Edited by NightBladeDK
Wasn't finished
Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

@NightBladeDK

No problem.

The switch (SP-1) is an interesting choice. I'm looking closer at the remote and its details, it looks like it can sort of act as a pre-amp because it has volume buttons on the remote. Although it does not come with headphone out.

Another option you have is to give up the "relatively small footprint." I'm not sure what you mean by "relatively small," but I know higher end receivers come with pre-outs with multiple inputs that would be perfect for your scenario. Unfortunately standard receivers are quite large for a desk. I would seriously recommend looking used as you can find a 10-year old model with pre-outs and many RCAs inputs for $100 or less. But the major issue here is the footprint. Although receivers come with a remote, so having it a couple feet away from you shouldn't be a huge deal.

What speakers do you have?

I found a few things, one of them being Aune X1S, which meet all my requirements. Speaker wise rn I have Swans Hivi M10. Though I'll probably get/make a pair within 2017.

Spoiler

Nihla

2 hours ago, NightBladeDK said:

I found a few things, one of them being Aune X1S, which meet all my requirements. Speaker wise rn I have Swans Hivi M10. Though I'll probably get/make a pair within 2017.

Great find.