Which type of display would you choose?

NForce

If all of the screens are the same in image quality. Because I see many people tell me "Don't go 120hz or active 3D because the image quality of TN panels suck". So what would you like to have more pixel, more frames, or 3D for gaming?

I am about to upgrade but here in Thailand you can't just go the an IT stores and look at demos and compare them, there aren't any. So I guess this is the only way, see what you guys think. Looking forward to see your opinions. Thanks.

And if you have any recommendation, please share. Do note that I don't do much professional photos and videos stuff so IPS is NOT a must for me but I have seen one and I love the image quality. And the active 3d IQ isn't all that bad. But I haven't seen 120hz yet.

120 fps @1080p is more difficult to pull off on every game than 60fps @1440.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Depends on the screen size ;) I have noticed that my monitor is a bit too big for 1080p so I would not recommend 1080p for everything above 24 inch monitors :) I also love 3D so my personal recommendation is for you to get a 24 inch VA panel (TN just with fewer faults) in 1080p with 3D and 120 Hz refresh rate :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

120 fps @1080p is more difficult to pull off on every game than 60fps @1440.

I do see that newer graphic cards do better at higher resolution. Which is a good point that 1440@60r15 easier to achieve.

Thanks for the response.

Depends. I prefer 120Hz 1080p, but if G-Sync is as good as they say I'll pick up a 1440 or 1600 G-Sync monitor

Good point because if you can't maintain a solid 60+ fps the experience is going to be very bad, with V-Sync on of course. To me tearing is unacceptable.

I'm a sucker for 3D xD

Everyone have there own taste. I also like 3D too. That's why I made it one of the choices in the poll.

But I still wonder is it that 3D isn't worth it of is it that They don't use NVIDIA? I think the 3D for the AMD side don't work very well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends on the screen size ;) I have noticed that my monitor is a bit too big for 1080p so I would not recommend 1080p for everything above 24 inch monitors :) I also love 3D so my personal recommendation is for you to get a 24 inch VA panel (TN just with fewer faults) in 1080p with 3D and 120 Hz refresh rate :)

Thanks for the responses.

All the pixels! 2560x1440 especially to productivity. 

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I use a 1080p 120Hz monitor to game on, but if there was a 21:9 1440p 60Hz monitor out there I would be on that shit.

Get some Korean action on your desk. Go with the QNIX QX2710 Evolution II and OC the refresh rate to 90Hz.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

If all of the screens are the same in image quality. Because I see many people tell me "Don't go 120hz or active 3D because the image quality of TN panels suck". So what would you like to have more pixel, more frames, or 3D for gaming?

I am about to upgrade but here in Thailand you can't just go the an IT stores and look at demos and compare them, there aren't any. So I guess this is the only way, see what you guys think. Looking forward to see your opinions. Thanks.

And if you have any recommendation, please share. Do note that I don't do much professional photos and videos stuff so IPS is NOT a must for me but I have seen one and I love the image quality. And the active 3d IQ isn't all that bad. But I haven't seen 120hz yet.

Don't forget motion clarity.  If you want CRT motion clarity on an LCD panel, you want one of the strobed backlights (e.g. LightBoost, EIZO Turbo240, BENQ XL2420Z Blur Reduction, and upcoming G-SYNC's optional strobe mode).

Generally:

60Hz -- baseline

120Hz -- 50% less motion blur than 60Hz (QNIX, etc)

strobed -- ~80-95% less motion blur than 60Hz (Turbo240, LightBoost, XL2420Z, etc).

If motion clarity is more important than pixels, and being able to see perfectly sharp fast panning, with zero motion blur, then strobed is the only way to go, currently (without putting a plasma/CRT on your desk).

• 2 weeks later...

Anxiously awaiting BenQ XL2720Z. Contacted BenQ for release date, they said "maybe" Nov. 11th, now the 12th...

Who would buy: 32" BenQ 3840 x 2160 IPS 3D Ready + Motion Blur Reduction + GROM Professional Gaming Monitor @ 240Hz (120Hz per eye)?!

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6