"Windows key" not working anymore

Baconbh8

Hi guys, I'm having a issue with my windows 10, I have a GT73Vr from MSI and now after about 1min after the pc boots up my windows key stops working, it works fine when the pc boots up but then it stops for everything except locking the pc (win+L), this is  freaking anoying. If i do a recovery from a restore point it comes back but if i install anything after that it stops again.

Does anyone have the same issue or know how to fix this?

Do you mean like if you press start the start menu does not pop up? S*** like that?

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

Just now, Zangashtu said:

Do you mean like if you press start the start menu does not pop up? S*** like that?

exactly, if i press it the start won't come up, if i try win+r for run nothing pops up, but win+l works and if i install a VM it works inside the VM

Do you know what mate this happened to me when I upgraded my work PC to Windows 10 :( 

IT WAS F****** ANNOYING

I just dealt with it and an update fixed it if i'm honest, you could restart the windows explorer service to refresh your desktop, that may fix it temp

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

The windows installation and Installaion disk is corrupt. You will need to create new installation media, and install windows again from that.

Computers r fun

3 minutes ago, Zangashtu said:

Do you know what mate this happened to me when I upgraded my work PC to Windows 10 :( 

IT WAS F****** ANNOYING

I just dealt with it and an update fixed it if i'm honest, you could restart the windows explorer service to refresh your desktop, that may fix it temp

The start menu works if i click on it, but it doesn't work from the keyboard anymore

14 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

The windows installation and Installaion disk is corrupt. You will need to create new installation media, and install windows again from that.

I did it a few times now and the issue keeps coming back after a week or so, the start menu works, just the windows key that does not

27 minutes ago, Baconbh8 said:

I did it a few times now and the issue keeps coming back after a week or so, the start menu works, just the windows key that does not

Maybe your keyboard is broken?

Computers r fun

Nevermind, found the issue, MSI Dragon center was the one disabling it(not doing a very good job by the way), found the option burried in some OC configs that I've never messed with, all good now, thanks for the help

10 minutes ago, Baconbh8 said:

Nevermind, found the issue, MSI Dragon center was the one disabling it(not doing a very good job by the way), found the option burried in some OC configs that I've never messed with, all good now, thanks for the help

And this is why I don't like "system control" crap that motherboard manufacturers roll out.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

And this is why I don't like "system control" crap that motherboard manufacturers roll out.

Yup, but unfortunately this is the only program I've tested that can give me CPU/GPU readings along with fan speed, I've tried using CAM but it was unnable to get the fan speed so I'm stuck with this dragon center crap

Just now, Baconbh8 said:

Yup, but unfortunately this is the only program I've tested that can give me CPU/GPU readings along with fan speed, I've tried using CAM but it was unnable to get the fan speed so I'm stuck with this dragon center crap

Have you tried HWMonitor (and made sure you run it as an admin)?

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Have you tried HWMonitor (and made sure you run it as an admin)?

Not yet, but I'm going to right now, thanks for the tip =)