5960x resale value?

z97
1 minute ago, z97 said:

There is nothing wrong with it. 980 ti classys in SLI + a heavily OC'd 5960x

Tell me what I've done wrong please. All the fans in my system are high static pressure so that's not an issue.

Bad mounts/left the plastic on the block (people still do that)/pump not running full speed/pump dead...etc

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Bad mounts/left the plastic on the block (people still do that)/pump not running full speed/pump dead...etc

None of which would be my issue. Pump runs a solid 4500 RPMs. Mount is fine and plastic was first thing to come off. My point is this, any loop with 2 gpus + a heavy oc'd gpu then you can expect within the same reason of a similarly clocked cpu under an AIO

I'm not trying to argue with you, just stating the parameters of each setup has a lot to do with temps.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

Just now, z97 said:

None of which would be my issue. Pump runs a solid 4500 RPMs. Mount is fine and plastic was first thing to come off. My point is this, any loop with 2 gpus + a heavy oc'd gpu then you can expect within the same reason of a similarly clocked cpu under an AIO

I'm not trying to argue with you, just stating the parameters of each setup has a lot to do with temps.

Yeah, but still, a 5960X shouldn't really ever get that hot... Does the liquid feel hot?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Yeah, but still, a 5960X shouldn't really ever get that hot... Does the liquid feel hot?

Warmish depending what I'm doing but nothing that makes me say holy shit.

I've honestly debated taking my gpus out of the loop all together and put them back on air.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

4 minutes ago, z97 said:

Warmish depending what I'm doing but nothing that makes me say holy shit.

I've honestly debated taking my gpus out of the loop all together and put them back on air.

When the CPU is put under load and reaches 91 degrees, is there any difference in the feeling?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

When the CPU is put under load and reaches 91 degrees, is there any difference in the feeling?

Dunno, never felt it when it was stress testing.

It's been a solid 10 months since I did the OC

4 hours ago, z97 said:

Dunno, never felt it when it was stress testing.

It's been a solid 10 months since I did the OC

What were you using to stress test?  Was the 91c the hottest core or package temp?  Either way, that's pretty damn hot for 4.5 GHz.  It would be even worse at your current 4.6 GHz overclock if you were to stress test that.  Ouch.

We do have completely different cooling solutions, but mine doesn't come anywhere close to that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2016 at 5:13 PM, done12many2 said:

What were you using to stress test?  Was the 91c the hottest core or package temp?  Either way, that's pretty damn hot for 4.5 GHz.  It would be even worse at your current 4.6 GHz overclock if you were to stress test that.  Ouch.

We do have completely different cooling solutions, but mine doesn't come anywhere close to that.

It was under AIDA64, that was the total package. 

I'm prolly gonna build an AMD system here when ryzen comes out. My pump as of a few weeks ago has started to act up (buzzing, still works but it's something that will die before too long im quite sure)