Gtx 670 FTW still viable?

Scabral54

Looking for a cheap graphics card for light to medium gaming. I saw and ad on craigslist for a radeon 7770 for $50 and got him down to $35. he said he also had a Gtx 670 FTW edition and would give it to me for $60. When  i was building my pc i was looking into getting a Gtx 1050 ti for $140 (There shows my budget i wanted to spend for a gpu). 

I was wondering if the Gtx 670 was worth the $50 (talked him down) or should i save a little more and get the gtx 1050 ti? also i only currently have a 400w psu because i am mostly using the pc for work. Is that even going to be enough power for a Gtx 670 or should i use my 7 year old munchkin 800w psu?

Ps got the idea to look up parts after watching 3 seasons of scrapyard wars. i was seeing the price to performance and got intrigued. 

Yeah the 670 is a good bit more powerful than the 1050/ti. BUT I don't know its power requirments. I can say that a 400w is more than likely not enough, especially if its from an OEM. I don't know the quality of Munchkin psus either but 800w is probably better than 400

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

the 670 is a pretty good deal for $50, even for the 2gb model(but keep in mind many games go over 2gb). i'd say go for it, but ask @STRMfrmXMN about the psu quality first.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

12 minutes ago, Scabral54 said:

Looking for a cheap graphics card for light to medium gaming. I saw and ad on craigslist for a radeon 7770 for $50 and got him down to $35. he said he also had a Gtx 670 FTW edition and would give it to me for $60. When  i was building my pc i was looking into getting a Gtx 1050 ti for $140 (There shows my budget i wanted to spend for a gpu). 

I was wondering if the Gtx 670 was worth the $50 (talked him down) or should i save a little more and get the gtx 1050 ti? also i only currently have a 400w psu because i am mostly using the pc for work. Is that even going to be enough power for a Gtx 670 or should i use my 7 year old munchkin 800w psu?

Ps got the idea to look up parts after watching 3 seasons of scrapyard wars. i was seeing the price to performance and got intrigued. 

Both PSUs can easily provide enough power and a 670 is still viable but what is the 400W unit?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'd say just save your money and pick up the 1050Ti, you'll get a BRAND NEW card with warranty if theres an issue, plus it'll provide a longer lifespan than the 670 and a free game depending on who you order it through.

Using the http://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-6253-KR for example, it only uses the PCI-E slot to power it. Meaning your little 400w PSU can power it.

For $150, the warranty, the game, and the fact it's new helps.

I had the 670 your talking about. It does fine at 1080 medium ish settings. Takes GTA 5 fine with the settings turned down some, Arma 3 with mediumish - low settings (really depends on drawing distance) and alot of other games. 

The 1050ti I think is the better investment. I know your using a budget, and by no means am I saying the 670 is a bad card, it's just got time on it vs something you can pick up online using coupons and get new. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/htw9tJ

This is what im working with for my pc

Psu in system:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/457141/Gold_Series_ILG-400-2_400_Watt_ATX_Power_Supply

Munchkin psu:

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16817812006

Didnt think about gpu with the build just set it up for work. now i realize im starting to regret my psu only has one 6pin. would probably have to upgrade or get a molex to 6pin connector.

Provided the power supply can handle it, the 670 should be comparable to the 960 and the 1050 ti. Obviously, ultra settings are out of the question, though this card will let you enjoy everything out there today at varying settings. 

Mid end to high end cards of several years ago should, at least, play modern titles competently at reduced settings. It's the budget lineups that you need to avoid like the plague, as many among their ilk cannot even manage minimum settings in modern titles. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Scabral54 said:

yeah sure dude, i can till play many games on medium with my gtx 560 ti. that really tells a lot haha. dont expect it to last years playing all the latest games with no problems tho.

in all honesty tho, im not really into used computer parts, too much things can go wrong even on a new components, that why u gotta like those warranties.

1 minute ago, Howitz said:

yeah sure dude, i cans till play many games on medium with my gtx 560 ti. that really tells a lot haha. dont expect it to last years playing all the latest games with no problems tho.

Wasnt looking to play any AAA titles and im used to console gaming so im not looking to hit crazy high fps just casual