What GPU would go well with my APU

Hi guys it's your boy Otteristic Otter here with sad news, I bought a prebuilt PC from Bestbuy. If you thought that was bad enough well guess what it uses an apu and a r7 240. Basically my APU is the AMd A10-7800. I want a new GPU that could atleast run like fallout 4. I give 2 lizards about quality. I'm not expecting 60fps 4K ultra settings but like medium to low settings. Any suggestions would be pretty hawt ;) , my PSU is like 280 watts or something like that so if I need a new PSU I need a new case, if anyone finds me a gpu that fits a small case and 280 watts I'm buying you cookies for christmas. Ayt good luck m8ys.

1 minute ago, Liam the Otteristic Otter said:

Hi guys it's your boy Otteristic Otter here with sad news, I bought a prebuilt PC from Bestbuy. If you thought that was bad enough well guess what it uses an apu and a r7 240. Basically my APU is the AMd A10-7800. I want a new GPU that could atleast run like fallout 4. I give 2 lizards about quality. I'm not expecting 60fps 4K ultra settings but like medium to low settings. Any suggestions would be pretty hawt ;) , my PSU is like 280 watts or something like that so if I need a new PSU I need a new case, if anyone finds me a gpu that fits a small case and 280 watts I'm buying you cookies for christmas. Ayt good luck m8ys.

Tiny 1050ti/RX 460, or, if wattage is really an issue, grab a GTX 750ti. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/NMqdnQ/evga-video-card-02gp43753kr This 750ti from EVGA doesnt even require a PSU connection (it gets power from the motherboard, which has a 60W maximum transfer on the PCI slots)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

As above said a 1050ti/460 is about the best you'll be able to put in, you might be able to run it with a 470 but there would be a bottleneck there, not sure how major/minor it'd be though. Then theres also the issue of trying to power a 470.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Can't you crossfire APUs with Radeon cards?

Also, are you looking for a low profile, single slot card, or can it be full width? If you need a low-profile card for a half-width PCIe slot, the best you could do would be a GTX 750 Ti (unless those MSI low profile 1050/1050 Ti cards make it to market). If it has to be single-slot and low-profile, you're not going to do a whole lot better than that R7 240 unless you dive into something like a used FirePro workstation card, maybe an R7 250.

If you can take a full-width card, RX 460 or GTX 1050 Ti would be your winners. At 280W, that PSU can't support, well, anything that needs to be plugged in directly.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

I'm going to say right now that pretty much any PSU advertising a 280 watt output is a piece of junk.  While the RX 470 is a great card for the price, you said that you don't care too much about having high end settings, so if you want to save money, GTX 750 Ti to GTX 1050 Ti range is a much better spot to be looking.  I'd be scared to swap out an R7 240 with anything more power intensive, though, without changing the power supply out, as even something like the 750 Ti might be too much if your unit has some seriously low quality parts.  Frying your brand new card (or possibly the entire computer) because your power supply failed catastrophically would probably ruin more than just your day.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't mess around with that power supply if I were in your position.

Form factor is also a consideration.  Does your card need to be low profile?  Single slot?

what is low profile, does that mean it's like small? and doesn't have to be a single slot if I understand it correctly it only needs 1 pci slot but the video card metal slots are what you're talking about right? And so basically I should get a new psu, new psu means bigger case, bigger case means more room but idk if that'll go well with a prebuilt, right?

53 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Tiny 1050ti/RX 460, or, if wattage is really an issue, grab a GTX 750ti. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/NMqdnQ/evga-video-card-02gp43753kr This 750ti from EVGA doesnt even require a PSU connection (it gets power from the motherboard, which has a 60W maximum transfer on the PCI slots)

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/NndFf7/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-mini-video-card-zt-p10510a-10l how does this look?

37 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Can't you crossfire APUs with Radeon cards?

Also, are you looking for a low profile, single slot card, or can it be full width? If you need a low-profile card for a half-width PCIe slot, the best you could do would be a GTX 750 Ti (unless those MSI low profile 1050/1050 Ti cards make it to market). If it has to be single-slot and low-profile, you're not going to do a whole lot better than that R7 240 unless you dive into something like a used FirePro workstation card, maybe an R7 250.

If you can take a full-width card, RX 460 or GTX 1050 Ti would be your winners. At 280W, that PSU can't support, well, anything that needs to be plugged in directly.

You can and I am using crossfire the problem is 2 piles of crap dont run games too well.

1 minute ago, Liam the Otteristic Otter said:

You can and I am using crossfire the problem is 2 piles of crap dont run games too well.

So poop + poop does not equal diamond, then?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

8 hours ago, 308626_1454182724 said:

Refund the pc and go build yourself one ;)

If bestbuy lets you refund after 2 years I'm down

On 12/7/2016 at 11:12 PM, Liam the Otteristic Otter said:

If bestbuy lets you refund after 2 years I'm down

Well thats a different thing :P