First impressions Logitech Pro VS Logitech G100s

515727-logitech-g-pro-gaming-mouse.jpg?tg100s-gaming-mouse-images.png

With great exitement over having the current gen hardware Logitech Pro mouse in my hands i sat down to try the new logitech Pro. I have been a hardcore Rx250/G100s user for over 10 years in total with only smaller periods with mices like Zowie MiCo, Razer Abyssus and attempts at finding others i might like.

TLDWR: Keep or buy a G100s while you can as it is superior and cheaper

Mouseclick (left/right)

All good in my book. slightly more quiet than G100s and slightly lighter. Only problem is that the right click is actually too light. I sometimes accidentially click it, it should be a difference on left and right if you want to take it to the next level logitech

But perhaps it is just my grip. So give it 8/10

The weight

Now as you can see in the tags and by the mouses i tried and used, i like em light. And sadly while the spec says "only" 80 grams the logitech Pro is noticably heavier than the G100s. Sadly you can feel it right away. And in CSGO it was not ok at all. You actually have to grab the thing.. Which is not a problem with a G100s.

Yes you can probably get used to it but you can lose yer legs and get used to a wheelchair too.

In addition the RGB crap is chancing colors.. and im not a big fan of installing software for a simple mouse.. so i guess thats a negative too.

having Thumb buttons are nice but not my priority over a lightweight mouse.. In time perhaps i get used to it for browsing.

Scrollwheel/middle button

The steps in the scrollwheel is heavy or at least heavier than the G100s. I do not use the scroll wheel in CSGO or any other game basically, so if this is a feature people need in a gaming situation this might be good.

But for me it is allmost all negatives here as i only the scrollwheel it for browsing.

I guess it being wider is a positive but the older G100S had a rounded style scroll. This one got a sudden edge on its sides so it is not as smooth if your finger is not perfectly on the top.
Clicking the bugger down tho is too heavy. But.. the wider scroll wheel does help giving more comfort when you do so i say its ok.

Sensor/DPI button

originally it got like 4 or 5 steps of dpi settings that you can cycle through, you can program it but why bother when you have button,+ ingame and windows settings.

The placement of the dpi button might make it easy to use but it also means you accidentially touch it.. Not good. Learn from Zowie here Logitech. Note: You can disable the DPI button in the software.

Software

lol wtf.. there is a setting for mousepad. I happen to have a cloth mousepad from Logitech and i tried it.. guess what, the mouse spasmed out completely on both of the settings outside of default.. haha so bad.

Other: Neat! the program found the G100s. The DPI button can be disabled. :D

Conclusion

All in all i would say i am dissapointed considering the price, i did not notice a difference on the sensor for use in CSGO but that was expected. That mousepad setting stuff was so bad tho wtf. xD

Ive tried some gaming gear and lots of mouses over the last couple of years and im starting to get a good grasp of what i like. So im done buying mices until a really really light version of the G100S comes out..

Edit. Actually.. nvm.. OT.

but will i keep it? yeah.. about time i had a mouse with thumbs buttons i guess.. Perhaps i one day strip it for internals such as the rgb to make it lighter..

All you need to know is shown here really..  a difference of 25%+- in weight. Thats huge in my book. They look similar but they are not.2016-12-06 22.53.59.jpg