HELP! PC fails to start.

MeepLikesToBuildPc's

This is a very cliché problem. But I'm at a dead end after a day of hunting around and trying to find the problem. Firstly, my computer would crash randomly. Seeing I have it configured as a Hackintosh, it would "Kernel Panic". After a reboot it would usually work once again just fine. Now, recently, it started just turning off after some amount of time (20-60 min) and it would restart itself, work fine again for 20-60 minutes, and crash again, restart again (on itself!), etc. I have to note, it doesn't gently just shut off like your "Shut Down" option in windows. It literally abruptly stops like someone held the power button down for 5 seconds, or pulled the mains plug out of the PSU. I can even hear my 2.5" HDD "wail" to its off state. Now, though, it won't boot or complete the POST at all. I can press the power button, it will turn on, after 5 seconds it abruptly shuts down, and restarts itself to once shut down after a second or five. It will do this till I remove the mains plug or flip the switch on the back, even pressing the power button for 5 seconds has no effect, it seems to be stuck in this "boot loop"

I have checked my PSU, it works fine in my little brother's PC, even after 3+ hours of gaming. I have checked my GPU, (well, not really.) I took it out (reset the CMOS by removing the battery for a while) and tried the iGPU. Nope, doesn't work either. I reseated my cooler and CPU, applied some new Noctua NT-H1, also, no change. Tried without and with my sATA devices, also no change. I even tried sticking another RAM stick in, but, no Bueno.

I also reset the CMOS, but no change either. 

HELP!

My specs:

i5-4460

Gigabyte Z97P-D3

Corsair CX500 Modular 

NZxT S340 

256GB Samsung 470 SSD

2.5" Toshiba 1000GB HDD

NZxT Kraken x31 120mm single rad aio cooler

Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600MHz DDRIII RAM

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Sounds like a dead CPU or motherboard.

Plug in the motherboard speaker and listen for beeps.

Than look up the beeps in your motherboard manual.

I have checked my GPU, (well, not really.) I took it out (reset the CMOS by removing the battery for a while) and tried the iGPU

How did you try the iGPU if the computer wont even POST :/? You mean you left the card out of the motherboard with only the CPU in there?

Groomlake Authority

17 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I have checked my GPU, (well, not really.) I took it out (reset the CMOS by removing the battery for a while) and tried the iGPU

How did you try the iGPU if the computer wont even POST :/? You mean you left the card out of the motherboard with only the CPU in there?

Yup, I took out the GPU, plugged my HDMI into the motherboard, afer having reset the CMOS of course (some motherboards default to dGPU)

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

31 minutes ago, ExidCuter said:

Sounds like a dead CPU or motherboard.

Plug in the motherboard speaker and listen for beeps.

Than look up the beeps in your motherboard manual.

Hi. Magically I found my speaker, plugged it in, nothing. Just the standard start, shutdown, restart, not one sound. I guess I'm RMAing my mobo then, since I still have 9 months warranty on it!

Just requested an RMA for my Z97P-D3. ugh. I don't want to use my lappy