revieuw request.

cakevreter2000

Hello LTT team,

I would like to request a revieuw on the cheaper range of 4K monitors.

i know there are a lot of awesome high end 4K monitors out there but there are also alot of cheap once for like 400 euro's.

i whas wondering if they are any good.

so it might be a fun video to put like 3 monitors head to head. a sub 500 VS sub 1200 VS 1200+ and see how they measure up to eachother

:)

much love,

me.

Just now, cakevreter2000 said:

Hello LTT team,

i know there are a lot of awesome high end 4K monitors out there but there are also alot of cheap once for like 400 euro's.

so it might be a fun video to put like 3 monitors head to head. a sub 500 VS sub 1200 VS 1200+ and see how they measure up to eachother

much love,

me.

That would be a great Idea, you listening @LinusTech (we know you're watching us)

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

this sounds as a decent idea yeah, there are plenty of cheaper 4K monitors/tv's out there these days, but reviews or comparisons are hard to find, it makes me wonder if cheap 4K is just a bad idea or that the premium priced options mostly add small stuff.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

18 minutes ago, cakevreter2000 said:

Hello LTT team,

much love,

me.

Its pretty simple The only difference is.  Stands, build quality/looks, inputs  and majorly  Color/ Contrast.  Most cheap ones have TN washed out displays. its the same as looking at a 1080p TN vs 1080p IPS the resolutions is the same. 

I Use a Acer B286HK 4k 28 inch TN Monitor Its Insanely clear 4k is 4k no matter what with monitors but the colors are not very good compared to VA/IPS panels ive seen. and even my secondary monitor below. 

I also use a Hiesense 43" 4k Tv that has True 4k with 4:4:4: Chroma at 60hz .  (chroma 4:4:4 is nessacary if you go this route)  This is also another great option value of your money wise i think it looks better then my acer due to color. This cost similar but the size can be off putting to some or a positive.  It does not give you that cant see pixels feel but also scalling is a non issue  due to its size.  My biggest problem with this is input lag on this is way higher then the Acer 

Also Almost all cheap 4k Moiniors use the same Pannels or there are only a few different ones typically 

I'm like to see this as well. I would be in the market for a 4K monitor in the next few years, as 1080p is getting kind of small.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

10 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

this sounds as a decent idea yeah, there are plenty of cheaper 4K monitors/tv's out there these days, but reviews or comparisons are hard to find, it makes me wonder if cheap 4K is just a bad idea or that the premium priced options mostly add small stuff.

Most of them have the same pannel inside and they are just smaller stuff different from each manufactuer like inputs software stands and Color Tuning out of box.

Now more and more are comming out but typically in the last few years this is how its been 

1 hour ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Its pretty simple The only difference is.  Stands, build quality/looks, inputs  and majorly  Color/ Contrast.  Most cheap ones have TN washed out displays. its the same as looking at a 1080p TN vs 1080p IPS the resolutions is the same. 

I Use a Acer B286HK 4k 28 inch TN Monitor Its Insanely clear 4k is 4k no matter what with monitors but the colors are not very good compared to VA/IPS panels ive seen. and even my secondary monitor below. 

I also use a Hiesense 43" 4k Tv that has True 4k with 4:4:4: Chroma at 60hz .  (chroma 4:4:4 is nessacary if you go this route)  This is also another great option value of your money wise i think it looks better then my acer due to color. This cost similar but the size can be off putting to some or a positive.  It does not give you that cant see pixels feel but also scalling is a non issue  due to its size.  My biggest problem with this is input lag on this is way higher then the Acer 

Also Almost all cheap 4k Moiniors use the same Pannels or there are only a few different ones typically 

i have seen plenty of 4K ips screens for 400 dollar

but its hard to say on a website if its a good one. al the more reason for a vid like this

15 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Maybe post in official and monitored threads to get more attention from right people.

What should I review next?

What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

done :) I hope they will notice it :D would be fun to see a video pop up in my sub box about cheap 4K :P I will be like "yea! that was my suggestion :D