HELP With Crucial MX300 (PHOTOS Included)

My brand new Crucial MX300 525GB arrived today. I installed it but it is nowhere to be found. Not in UEFI, not in Disk Management. I noted that the power cable did not plug in till the end. Not sure how to explain it. The pins are visible, but it wouldn't move down even if I used more force. Just a little wiggle and the power cable would disconnect. The SATA cable clipped normally. I noticed that it is fully plugged in, in the 850 EVO. Is it the connection or do I have to do something else to be able to use my SSD?

I just want to use it to install games in. Not as a boot drive.

System Specs: Asus Z170, EVGA Supernova 550 G2.

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

1 minute ago, hiimFred said:

My brand new Crucial MX300 525GB arrived today. I installed it but it is nowhere to be found. Not in UEFI, not in Disk Management. I noted that the power cable did not plug in till the end. Not sure how to explain it. The pins are visible, but it wouldn't move down even if I used more force. Just a little wiggle and the power cable would disconnect. The SATA cable clipped normally. I noticed that it is fully plugged in, in the 850 EVO. Is it the connection or do I have to do something else to be able to use my SSD?

I just want to use it to install games in. Not as a boot drive.

System Specs: Asus Z170, EVGA Supernova 550 G2.

bad cable/ connector

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

@SCHISCHKA If you notice, this plastic notch is deeper in the 850 EVO than in the MX300.

1.jpg

850.jpg

mx300.jpg

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

yep thats in wrong. the power plug looks wider than it should be. they should fit nicely without effort

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

try remove data & plug power in first, or turn data cable around so its not using the right angle connector

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

@SCHISCHKA I tried connecting the power cable alone, without the data cable, it's the same, can't get it all the way in. Why does it look wider though? It's the same cable I use on the 850 EVO, just another extention. Shouldn't have a problem. I also tried with other SATA cables I have. Same thing.

9 minutes ago, hiimFred said:

@SCHISCHKA I tried connecting the power cable alone, without the data cable, it's the same, can't get it all the way in. Why does it look wider though? It's the same cable I use on the 850 EVO, just another extention. Shouldn't have a problem. I also tried with other SATA cables I have. Same thing.

It just perspective. if you put both SSD side by side do the connectors line up? its really strange, they come out of a mold so they shouldnt be wrong

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

9 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

It just perspective. if you put both SSD side by side do the connectors line up? its really strange, they come out of a mold so they shouldnt be wrong

Gonna check it later, need to take a nap right now, I just got off from work. Gonna bring it up in a couple of hours or so. If not, tomorrow.