msi afterburner voltage controll

cakevreter2000

Hello, I would like to see how far i can push my MSI twin frozer gtx 780TI

but i have no controll over the voltage slider nor can i change the thing where you tell the gpu to limit on temp and not on power 

if i go into the settings menu the options are pretty limited (i'm in my office right now so i will provide pictures later) i hope you lovely people understand what is wrong.

7 minutes ago, cakevreter2000 said:

Hello, I would like to see how far i can push my MSI twin frozer gtx 780TI

but i have no controll over the voltage slider nor can i change the thing where you tell the gpu to limit on temp and not on power 

if i go into the settings menu the options are pretty limited (i'm in my office right now so i will provide pictures later) i hope you lovely people understand what is wrong.

Nevermind.

To be honest I can't see this also.

Edited by Ddave
I can't read.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Just now, Ddave said:

Go into settings and enable "unlock voltage control". I think it's under the general tab.

yes like i said. the options there are far more limited than other people show on youtube. 

I know that Fermi and Kepler cards were, in general voltage locked unless you did a bios tweak. not sure about MSI cards in afterburner.

You are probably better to ask that question at guru3d.com in the afterburner support forum. The user Unwinder over there is the developer of AB

do you have the options voltage control and others checked in settings? 

If yes and still its greyed and cant adjust it you will need a new BIOS. just follow instructions and use nvflash... (make sure to use the correct bios for your PCB and revision else you can brick your card)

I have my 2x780 both with new bios one is MSI one is ASUS, they both go to 1.212v with the new bios, the core of the 780ti is the same so should also go safely to that.

i7 4770K 4.7 Ghz (1.285vCore, CORSAIR H110) - GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER M5 - MSI GTX 780 (Arctic Hybrid watercooled)- G.SKILL 16gb 2133Mhz cl9 - SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256gb - CORSAIR 350D - CORSAIR RM 750W

LENOVO Y500 i7 3630qm 3.4 Ghz, GTX 650M SLI, 8gb 1600Mhz, WD 1tb, Cooler Master U2

BUILD LOG: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26468-finished-350d-mini-gigabyte-killer-blackgreen/