New computer... almost ready for Star Citizen! :)

KCmetro

I just finished building a new computer, have been really busy with life stuff, but at some point am going finish getting the initial stuff installed on it and finish setting it up. I'm probably going to get the $60 deal. Any words of wisdom from experienced SC gamers for someone just starting out in it?

1 minute ago, KCmetro said:

Any words of wisdom?

Wait till it's out.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I am a Star Conflict veteran, which I think is Star Citizen minus the MMO part. Basically, don't stop moving during a dogfight.

9 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Words of wisdom, hold on in buying anything until update 3.0

I understand that 3.0 will be the official release, right? Although I also heard that the game will go up in price when it's released, so getting it early would seem to actually save on cost. I'm wondering when it will actually get up to 3.0.

2 minutes ago, KCmetro said:

I understand that 3.0 will be the official release, right? Although I also heard that the game will go up in price when it's released, so getting it early would seem to actually save on cost. I'm wondering when it will actually get up to 3.0.

Its not the offical release, SC wont be "offically released for years"

Its just a update in which performance will be fixed and planetary exploration 

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Its not the offical release, SC wont be "offically released for years"

Its just a update in which performance will be fixed and planetary exploration 

Ah yes, planetary exploration. The main thing that draws me to the game is that alongside the ability to fly through the atmosphere to outerspace and explore the galaxy.

Any idea when 3.0 will be released?

Just now, KCmetro said:

Ah yes, planetary exploration. The main thing that draws me to the game is that alongside the ability to fly through the atmosphere to outerspace and explore the galaxy.

Any idea when 3.0 will be released?

2017 most likely as 2.6 is very close to release

If you feel like you need to, or want to just feel like you're supporting the development early, get yourself a pledge. Don't get the largest thing you can. Start small, I'd personally recommend one of the starter packages, the ones with Squadron 42. Play the alpha, get a feel for the game and decide on whether you want to spend more or stick to your starter. An Aurora or Mustang is fine for a starting ship, so no worries. 

If all that doesn't sound like something you'd do, wait for 3.0 and reassess.

So, to give you an actual answer, start small. Several people like myself have spent gross amounts of money on the game as well, and are more than willing to let you try out our ships. Join us in the discord 

https://discord.gg/QawgNBh

and we can answer any further questions you may have, as well as get to know you better and you can start joining our community!

2 hours ago, CommanderFett said:

So, to give you an actual answer, start small. Several people like myself have spent gross amounts of money on the game as well, and are more than willing to let you try out our ships. Join us in the discord 

https://discord.gg/QawgNBh

and we can answer any further questions you may have, as well as get to know you better and you can start joining our community!

I'll get in on discord once I have the new computer ready, already added it to my (currently short) list of stuff to install.

23 hours ago, KCmetro said:

I'll get in on discord once I have the new computer ready, already added it to my (currently short) list of stuff to install.

Make sure you install your antivirus before discord. There are complications that can arise from installing it prior to your antivirus.

What are your interests in the verse?

1 hour ago, CommanderFett said:

Make sure you install your antivirus before discord. There are complications that can arise from installing it prior to your antivirus.

What are your interests in the verse?

Oh fun. I was wondering with windows 10 if their own AV is any good. I use Avast free on another comp and it's fine, I'll just throw that on there.

9 hours ago, KCmetro said:

Oh fun. I was wondering with windows 10 if their own AV is any good. I use Avast free on another comp and it's fine, I'll just throw that on there.

Windows AV has never been "good"... "OK for the 5 minutes it takes to install a third-party AV" but never "good"...