Why Apple?

Carlos1010
2 minutes ago, APasz said:

We don't have to argue though.

Everyone just take a deep breath.

:P I don't think there is gonna be a one-sided argument for apple on any non apple-based forums.

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Battery is such a mixed bag. I know so many people who hate the Galaxy S6 and S7 battery life. Saying it dies fast and such. Then there is me, using my 6s Plus for 6 hours or more with the screen on and still making it home with 25%+ 

I've had quite a few phones with good battery life, but when an iPhone can perform similarly with a 1600mAh battery versus a Note 4's with its 3200mAh and last as long.

I love the fact that Android can pair with many Windows programs and VM's, where iOS is locked out.

I love the fact that the iPhone can be synced across all iOS devices without needing to (in my experience) using NFC or Windows.

It's the experience that you're looking for that should sway the buying decision.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I'm an Android guy.  I like the real widgets nad the customization.  But I think they need to get their shit together.  The standby time of every android device (except for the gts2) sucks.  Although my gs7e and the ip7 perform the same is day to day use, intensive games could perform WAY better on android than they do.  Also horizontal loading apps hang really weirdly (cant quite explain it).  But it's REALLY annoying.  Overall I feel that Android has some serious optimizing to catch up on.  People say its all fragmented but even their own nexus and pixel phones perform the same way.

50 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Battery is such a mixed bag. I know so many people who hate the Galaxy S6 and S7 battery life. Saying it dies fast and such. Then there is me, using my 6s Plus for 6 hours or more with the screen on and still making it home with 25%+ 

Let's see:

- Their screens are great, it's not because they're not 1440p or 4k that they're bad displays. iPhones still have one of the best screens out of all the phones.

- Customer support is amazing, that can't always be said about OnePlus or any other relatively unknown Chinese brand.

- If you buy an iPhone, you know that it will get software updates for at least 4 years. With Android you should be happy if you get 2 years of support.

- Top of the line specs, none of the current Android-based CPUs can tip the performance of the A10 fusion chip, it blows everything out of the water.

- iPhones are generally faster and better at multitasking than Android devices.

- Amazing camera

- Most Android phones can't compete with the battery life of iPhones.

- The list goes on.

Also, iPhones are about the same price as Google Pixel (XL) and Galaxy S7 (Edge), so you might as well ask why people buy the iPhone 7 instead of the Pixel.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Some buy them because they're Apple and some people don't buy them because they're Apple. Both groups have equal knowledge of the products and passion to announce their case. :P

Story time!

I needed a second phone and used the opportunity to get my first iPhone. Went with 5 as I wanted something second hand and relatively cheap. No regrets. Superb build quality and iOS isn't on my face all the time like Android tries its best to be. I wasn't too happy to have to use iTunes just for it, but other than that it has been a true pleasure.

It's neat device that surprisingly does all the phone stuff.

14 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Or they don't care for specs. If you buy an iPhone, you know what to expect while Android UI is changed between every company that uses it.

I, for one, don't care for the "octa-core and 1440 screens" that some Androids tout since I can have a better experience at home without having to worry about the battery (on most Android phones) dying 3 hours before the day is over.

Yeah ik that there are many Android OS's. Wow in the world can people know the difference between all of them? 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation"