Noob question on OS X

I'm just wondering can I install OS X on my desktop PC as the main OS?

so rather then Windows 10 I have OS X?

pc specs:

cpu: Intel I7 4790k

gpu: gtx 1070

motherboard: MSI Gaming 5

SSD: Samsung 850 evo 

1 minute ago, SD2020_ said:

pc specs:

It's a bit more complicated than just having certain specs....I'd try searching for Hackintosh on this forum and on Google for some tutorials.

• Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, imreloadin said:

It's a bit more complicated than just having certain specs....I'd try searching for Hackintosh on this forum and on Google for some tutorials.

Okay awesome thanks man. Just wondering what the process was or how easy it was if I was to do it.

Unfortunately it is against Apple's rule to install OSX on a device other than a Mac and is also not allowed in this forum. :(

Just now, SD2020_ said:

Okay awesome thanks man. Just wondering what the process was or how easy it was if I was to do it.

Not easy. I have done it before. Not worth the time at all

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Unfortunately it is against Apple's rule to install OSX on a device other than a Mac and is also not allowed in this forum. :(

How can it be against the ToS if they did an entire video on it xD

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

That was 2 years ago.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

That was 2 years ago.

The video is still up...I would imagine if it's serious enough for them to make against their ToS they would take down the video as well?

Although hackintosh is possible, I would strongly advise against it. Just have VBox running at startup with a Mac OSX virtual machine. It's safer.

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

39 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

How the DMCA works is you make a complaint and the content gets taken down. That video exists because I guess Apple has better things to do. Its also questionable whether that video is instructional and promotional or not. Then there is this forum where you do not want to let piracy talk get out of control and deal with DMCA notices

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

How the DMCA works is you make a complaint and the content gets taken down. That video exists because I guess Apple has better things to do. Its also questionable whether that video is instructional and promotional or not. Then there is this forum where you do not want to let piracy talk get out of control and deal with DMCA notices

I'm not saying it shouldn't be against the ToS, I'm just talking about the pretty obvious double standard they're setting by leaving the video up lol.

8 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I'm not saying it shouldn't be against the ToS, I'm just talking about the pretty obvious double standard they're setting by leaving the video up lol.

I'm saying video will be up as long as apple does not complain. i dont know about double standard. they're not saying they dont hackintosh, its just avoiding the problems associated with it because there are better places to discuss piracy.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

9 hours ago, SD2020_ said:

pc specs:

It's against the TOS for apple, and is banned here

However, i won't tell you how to do it (google it) but your specs are fine except your graphics card. The 10xx series cards don't work on a hack. You need a 9xx card or less for it to work. Your specs match mine other than that and i have OS Sierra installed on another HDD, but with a GTX 780.

On 12/6/2016 at 7:11 AM, MLGMelon said:

It's against the TOS for apple, and is banned here

Has a mod actually come out and said anything regarding this matter? Any time I check this sub forum I see misinformation about the 'safety' of hackintoshing and everyone parroting each other. This isn't Apples support forums, questions on where to look to get started on hackintoshing have no reason to be censored. 

If a mod so chooses that its against this forums terms of service then a sticky should probably be made because in my short time here, I've seen many threads all ending the same way: misinformation. 

Desktop i7-5820K @ 4.7GHz | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 64GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Titan X (1st Gen) | 256GB 950 Pro SSD + 8TB WD Red HDD | Corsair AX860i | Lian-Li PC-O8 | macOS Sierra + Win10

Audio HD800 + Magni2/Modi2 | Keyboard WhiteFox/ErgoDox | Mouse G502 | HMD HTC Vive

Things I know about: Computer Building, Software Development, Headphones, Mechanical Keyboards, Cosplay, ?

1 minute ago, MarieKirya said:

Has a mod actually come out and said anything regarding this matter? Any time I check this sub forum I see misinformation about the 'safety' of hackintoshing and everyone parroting each other. This isn't Apples support forums, questions on where to look to get started on hackintoshing have no reason to be censored. 

If a mod so chooses that its against this forums terms of service then a sticky should probably be made because in my short time here, I've seen many threads all ending the same way: misinformation. 

• Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

Quote above from the community standards - i don't care about it really, i have a Macbook Pro, and a hackintosh on my desktop PC, but i have seen several threads closed on the topic (just look in the Linux/OSX forum on here). I won't report it, but it could get closed or it might not lol

5 minutes ago, MLGMelon said:

Quote above from the community standards - i don't care about it really, i have a Macbook Pro, and a hackintosh on my desktop PC, but i have seen several threads closed on the topic (just look in the Linux/OSX forum on here). I won't report it, but it could get closed or it might not lol

Cool. So the community guidelines are misinformed. Amazing. 

Desktop i7-5820K @ 4.7GHz | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 64GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Titan X (1st Gen) | 256GB 950 Pro SSD + 8TB WD Red HDD | Corsair AX860i | Lian-Li PC-O8 | macOS Sierra + Win10

Audio HD800 + Magni2/Modi2 | Keyboard WhiteFox/ErgoDox | Mouse G502 | HMD HTC Vive

Things I know about: Computer Building, Software Development, Headphones, Mechanical Keyboards, Cosplay, ?