Hyperx cloud 2

Snowi_

I would just like to know your opinions on the cloud 2 are they worth it pr any good? 

They have great noise cancellation and sound quality. Very comfy and durable. I'd recommend them anyday.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

2 minutes ago, Snowi_ said:

I would just like to know your opinions on the cloud 2 are they worth it pr any good? 

They're alright but if I remember correctly, some reviews stated that over time the removable mic became loose & would fall out. So personally I'd recommend going with a headset that has a permanently fixed mic instead. The new HyperX Stinger headset has that, mutes when turned up & according to various YouTube reviews is a great deal for $50.00.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

3 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

They have great noise cancellation and sound quality. Very comfy and durable. I'd recommend them anyday.

*noise isolation

2 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

They're alright but if I remember correctly, some reviews stated that over time the removable mic became loose & would fall out. So personally I'd recommend going with a headset that has a permanently fixed mic instead. The new HyperX Stinger headset has that, mutes when turned up & according to various YouTube reviews is a great deal for $50.00.

It would only come loose if you plug and unplug it all the time. Just leave it be, and it won't be an issue.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

or you could use an external mic with the cloud 2s if you can afford one. they are much better than headset mics

Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

*noise isolation

Aye.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

*noise isolation

It would only come loose if you plug and unplug it all the time. Just leave it be, and it won't be an issue.

Yeah that's probably the case as it's a 3.5 jack I think just like headphones use.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

*noise isolation

i do that often tho i have it use it when i go and to bed and that cuz i lost all my earplugs, great headset good quality atleast gun metal love it. Decent mic a little quiet... Just turn up the volume a biit. Some simple solution problems like u cant hear, use the usb mobo if u dont have a good sound card

19 minutes ago, The Cat Petter said:

or you could use an external mic with the cloud 2s if you can afford one. they are much better than headset mics

A modmic? 

HyperX cloud line (core - 1 - 2) is exactly the same unit with minor exterior changes and accessories it comes with.

Get a core (if you don't need the acc) or get a cloud 1 (if you need the extra acc), 2 comes with an extra crappy usb dongle imo. Sound wise they are good for a headset especially the price (core and 1).

If you get a good deal for it then it should be fine, but if you're paying full retail price, i think its better to get a proper headphone and a separate mic.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Clouds are pretty damn good. They're one of the few headsets I've used that actually sound worthy of the money you had paid for them. Build quality is a multitudes better than most headsets due to them typically being built of fairly shitty plastic. Clouds have metal forks and a metal strip all through the headband. The cups are fairly nice slightly rubberized plastic. No removable cable sadly, and they look ugly as sin IMO, but those are fairly minor issues. 

Mic quality is about average. I don't use it so I don't really care, but you may.

If you get Cloud II's, you get a separate pair of velour pads, a slightly better mic, and a shitty USB surround sound dongle that ruins the quality. Don't use it if you go for the II's.

Honestly unless you want the better mic quality, go with the original clouds and get some HM5 velours if you want velour pads.

I slapped some HM5 Pleather pads on, and painted over the logos, and permanent marker'd the red stitching. Looks pretty stealth now.

Don't tread on me. I squish, and white liquid comes out. It's icky, trust me.

No please. Just get some good quality audiophile headphones, and a condenser mic. Audiophile headphones don't start at $1200 you know.

Probably many times better than Cloud 9000s (okay maybe not):

Superlux HD668B

https://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480995962&sr=8-1&keywords=superlux+hd+668b

Samson 850SR

https://www.amazon.com/Samson-SR850-Professional-Reference-Headphones/dp/B002LBSEQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480995977&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+sr850

32 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

No please. Just get some good quality audiophile headphones, and a condenser mic. Audiophile headphones don't start at $1200 you know.

Probably many times better than Cloud 9000s (okay maybe not):

Superlux HD668B

https://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480995962&sr=8-1&keywords=superlux+hd+668b

Samson 850SR

https://www.amazon.com/Samson-SR850-Professional-Reference-Headphones/dp/B002LBSEQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480995977&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+sr850

Cloud cores are "good quality audiophile headphones". They originally were designed as proper headphones by a company called Takstar, which Kingston took the licence for and manufactured the same thing and slapped a mic and paint on em. Research the Takstar Pro 80

As someone with who owns 668B's and someone who has used SR850's, the Cloud Cores are better than the 668b's by a fair shot, and are a different experience to SR850's.

16 minutes ago, Moist_Sock said:

Cloud cores are "good quality audiophile headphones". They originally were designed as proper headphones by a company called Takstar, which Kingston took the licence for and manufactured the same thing and slapped a mic and paint on em. Research the Takstar Pro 80

As someone with who owns 668B's and someone who has used SR850's, the Cloud Cores are better than the 668b's by a fair shot, and are a different experience to SR850's.

I own the HyperX Cloud Stinger, and it sounds like I'm in a muffled box. In addition, gaming headphones are usually crap. That's what led me to the conclusion.

28 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

I own the HyperX Cloud Stinger, and it sounds like I'm in a muffled box. In addition, gaming headphones are usually crap. That's what led me to the conclusion.

Stinger and Cloud are 2 different headsets. Yes, Stinger is not that good and Clouds are better :)

As mentioned above, they use Takstar drivers, and they are well known audio brand.

EDIT: Yes, headsets generally suck, i do agree on that point, but the Cloud series (core & 1) is an exception imo.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

1 minute ago, ShadySocks said:

A fair conclusion. Headsets are rarely quality. The stinger is designed as a cheapo budget option, whereas the Cloud Cores were an older headphone, presumably built well enough to get their name well known. Seemed to work considering how many steamers use/used them.

save the money and get the OG clouds or the cloud core, the sound will be the same, but you get longer cables and you don't get that shitty USB sound card. Also that USB sound card seem to break often...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.