Good AMD FM2+ Motherboard for File Server

So I currently have a extra processor and a extra motherboard and want to start building a file server to back up files too and use as a NAS. I plan to use 2 hard drives in raid on the machine with one SSD as the boot drive. So I was wondering what motherboard would be a good reliable one with support for hardware level raid. The current motherboard and processor I have are a AMD A8 7650k and a MSI A78M-E35 FM2+ motherboard. Is the motherboard I have good enough or is there a different one that would be better for the server?

Mobo is fine, there are no server boards for fm2+.

What OS? If your running linux, id probably install the os on a usb sitck, no use for a ssd.  Your gonna be network limited when copying files anyways so it won't be usefull for a cache. 

2 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

According to MSI, it does support raid.

Never use raid built into the mobo. Its just bad. Get a hardware raid or use software raid.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Never use raid built into the mobo. Its just bad. Get a hardware raid or use software raid.

I know this, OP asked if it supports hardware level raid though.  I answered this question.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

46 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Mobo is fine, there are no server boards for fm2+.

What OS? If your running linux, id probably install the os on a usb sitck, no use for a ssd.  Your gonna be network limited when copying files anyways so it won't be usefull for a cache. 

I got Windows Server 2016 along with some other Windows operating systems for free from one of the classes I'm taking in collage so I was going to use that