Would an i5 6600K (or early 2017 equivalent) be sufficient to maybe stream/record Xplane 10/11?

Go to solution Solved by PeachyUwUSenpai,

it would best if you went for an i7 or yeah went with a capture card and captured on a second device but if you're buying a capture card you'd mes well just upgrade your cpu since their not cheap 

So I'm starting my PC build, my case just arrived last week and I ordered my keyboard this weekend which should be arriving in the first part of this coming week.

I know those 2 parts have nothing to do with the PC really itself especially the keyboard, but I'm working on it. The next parts I'm going to buy will be the mouse, PSU and maybe the storage or ram. Guess it'll depend on how much my next cheques are, but anyways I'm not sure if the 6600K (or the Kaby Lake/Zen equivalent) would be enough to play Xplane 10/11 and stream to twitch or record. I'm guessing recording the game play wouldn't be as bad as trying to stream it. Or I suppose getting a capture card and streaming/recording with my Bristol Ridge A10 based laptop would be an option too.

However, I'm not sure if maybe something like that is maybe the i5 would struggle doing something like that.

I don't really have the greatest internet so maybe it'd just be recording. I'm not sure yet, but there isn't a lot of videos on xplane, I mean there are some but they aren't always the greatest quality and that's something I want to try to do better. Also I know there's people like squirrel who do a lot of gameplay in simulators. Though he doesn't do as much stuff with airplanes so...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I run a i5 4690k and with some setting tweaks it works fine broadcasting to twitch with OBS it may struggle in the more CPU heavy games while streaming but if your playing medium to light CPU utilization games you should be perfectly fine with a i5 6600k

5 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I run a i5 4690k and with some setting tweaks it works fine broadcasting to twitch with OBS it may struggle in the more CPU heavy games while streaming but if your playing medium to light CPU utilization games you should be perfectly fine with a i5 6600k

I guess maybe if I notice recording/streaming gameplay is too much for the 6600K which I'm not sure if it would be. Simulation games, I'm guessing are moderately taxing on the CPU. I could just get a capture card and record with my laptop.

it would best if you went for an i7 or yeah went with a capture card and captured on a second device but if you're buying a capture card you'd mes well just upgrade your cpu since their not cheap 

1 minute ago, Alaradia said:

The price difference might be even more in favor of upgrading to an i7 as well since the difference between the 6600K and 6700K is $120 and an elgato from best buy at least is $150.

Then I might as well upgrade to a 1070 too? Lol.

i7 6700K and GTX 1060?

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

The price difference might be even more in favor of upgrading to an i7 as well since the difference between the 6600K and 6700K is $120 and an elgato from best buy at least is $150.

Then I might as well upgrade to a 1070 too? Lol.

i7 6700K and GTX 1060?

yep that would be a better computer and give you a bit more headroom as to not hurt performance while streaming 

1 minute ago, Alaradia said:

yep that would be a better computer and give you a bit more headroom as to not hurt performance while streaming 

Nah I think I'll still get the 1060, but I'm not 100% sure I want to stream or record gameplay but having the extra performance doesn't hurt.