Wifi Antennas.

JimJat

Fairly sure this is the right place for this, I'm looking for new wifi antennas for my motherboard. The one it comes with is the longish cable with the magnetic single antenna on the end which I don't really like because it looks messy. The mother board is  Gigabyte GA - H170N - WIFI. The ones I'm after are similar to what you can find on a router, the two swively plastic doodads that go right onto the I/O on the back. Thanks!

why can't you just stick them on the side of the case pointing up?

having antennas on the back of the case could mess up with their radius

Any electronic components retailer will sell them.

23 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Any electronic components retailer will sell them.

Are they just generic Wifi antennas? So would something like this work?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/tp-link-24ghz-8dbi-indoor-omni-directional-antenna-n49ql?cmpid=ppc&gclid=CjwKEAiAmo_CBRC9qbGQssjqi28SJABYTgZxPldHFM33Kq-Ay8z2V4NWUoGCYBPPLMC1zNWImZZRDRoCiGjw_wcB

27 minutes ago, zMeul said:

why can't you just stick them on the side of the case pointing up?

having antennas on the back of the case could mess up with their radius

The reason I would prefer the ones on the back is because I'm using an In-Win Chopin case so the cable for the antenna is way to long. Thanks for the suggestion though.

2 minutes ago, JimJat said:

The reason I would prefer the ones on the back is because I'm using an In-Win Chopin case so the cable for the antenna is way to long. Thanks for the suggestion though.

you could coil it and stick the antenna on the side of the case that's not looking at you

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

you could coil it and stick the antenna on the side of the case that's not looking at you

I could do, at the moment it's on a shelf above my computer which is fine. I think I'm just being a bit perfectionist. :)

9 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Honestly I would keep the antennas as far away from the case as possible, Metal objects reflect radio signals and KILL performance of Wifi.

Well said and perfectly correct. Also keep in mind that the higher the dBi or dBd of the antenna the flatter the vertical coverage and greater the horizontal coverage.