What was it like building your very first pc

donggun222

To all the experienced pc builders,

im thinking of building my very first pc and everything seems so new. Also, do the components break easily? 

3 minutes ago, donggun222 said:

im thinking of building my very first pc and everything seems so new. Also, do the components break easily? 

they break easily if you want to break them i guess, but I wouldnt say they're going to break unless you throw them around and sht like that 

Just watch LTT begginers guide to building a PC 

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB HyperX RAM

CPU: R5 3600 

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming K4

Its pretty easy to build your own system, in my opinion one of the main ways in which components break easily would be through static, so as long as you use a Anti Static wrist strap then it should be fine as long as you follow all other steps of building a pc correctly.

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

1 minute ago, donggun222 said:

did it take you guys long when you first built one?

It took me around a hour and a half to two hours for my first build. Then I went back and spent half a hour - one hour, on cable management. 

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

6 minutes ago, donggun222 said:

did it take you guys long when you first built one?

About two hours. 30 mins assembly, 1 and a half hour trying to be an expert on cable management.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

13 minutes ago, donggun222 said:

Components are pretty sturdy. Just don't use excessive force if you can't get a component in.

Watch tutorials, don't rush, and do things one step at a time.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Its suppose to be like building a tower of extremely expensive legos :P.

On the other hand, the only way computer building can get really hard is when attempting to implement a heavy duty custom water loop, diy case constructions/3d modelling and when attempting to maximize the potential of your machine, that includes exotic cooling, very complex cable planting guidelines and painting components the correct way (Not christmas confettis and spray paint xD). Also soldering motherboards, cpu's, graphics card is something nowan should attempt to do, unless they have quite the experience, gear (I dont think its something you can get from IFixit or the nearest computer oriented store xD) and theyr not trembling 24/7.

Groomlake Authority

It was ver fun and very rewarding. I recently built my first pc about 4-5 months ago. IT was very fun researching and planning then the final product. Dont worry i had plenty of questions but the community here on the forums were great help. SO if you need any help whatsoever dont hesitate to ask here.  

I thought i was going to break everything, but it was all good in the end

I was more excited than anything the first PC I built.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo