motherboard wont post

RyanUnimatrix1

I have an asrock z170 pro4 motherboard, avexir core 2666 ram, asus rog rx460, and a pentium g4400. i plan on bclk overclocking bty. i also have an old(er) coolermaster 450w psu that still works fine. i have a rosewill glacier 500m in the mail. my motherboard will not post. it turns on for a split second, then off for a few seconds then back on for a split second and back off! i checked everything. and cannot figure it out. due to a long story with newegg customer service i do not think it is the motherboard. i originally ordered an openbox pro4s. it did the same exact thing, i then requested a refund for this one. i doubt id have 2 seperate model motherboards in a row doing the same exact thing. i tested the coolermaster psu and it works fine on an older motherboard with an athlon x2. i can only think its the ram or the fact that the coolermaster only has a 4 pin eps. i doubt about the eps due to the low powered pentium. i am still a noob, just trying to provide info.  please help

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Please refrain form making multiple posts in different section

-Topics merged.

oops, sorry, im new lol. wont happen again

Have you tried using the Rosewill PSU (It has a 4+4pin EPS) ?

Although in theory it should POST with just the 4pin EPS, the motherboard might not like that for some reason.

If you think it is the RAM, how many stick do you have?

1 hour ago, SenioRR said:

Have you tried using the Rosewill PSU (It has a 4+4pin EPS) ?

Although in theory it should POST with just the 4pin EPS, the motherboard might not like that for some reason.

If you think it is the RAM, how many stick do you have?

i will try the rosewill. it should arrive tuesday. i have a single 8gb dimm. avexir core ddr4 2666. wrong slot maybe? but i doubt it.

You could try putting it in a different slot. Also, because you only have a single RAM stick, you can't really check if it is working. Normally, you would take out all RAM sticks and try each one-by-one and see if that works. If the Rosewill PSU doesn't help, I would say it is the RAM stick. 

3 minutes ago, SenioRR said:

You could try putting it in a different slot. Also, because you only have a single RAM stick, you can't really check if it is working. Normally, you would take out all RAM sticks and try each one-by-one and see if that works. If the Rosewill PSU doesn't help, I would say it is the RAM stick. 

thank you for your help. i see we have the same mobo. how is it working for you? do you bclk overclock your 6700? if so, any tips? and yes i know off topic lol

I haven't overclocked it yet. I need to buy a better cooler because currently I am using the stock one. Once I get one, I will definitely overclock it. The motherboard I think is quiet good. Initially I was going to get a Z170 Extreme 4 but it arrived damaged and amazon had none in stock so I had to go with the Z170 Pro 4.

8 hours ago, SenioRR said:

thank you for your help!