gaming keyboard reccomendation

whiteGloveReview
12 hours ago, whiteGloveReview said:

1 out of stock

2 LEDs are SUPER optional. the only way i'll bite the bullet on a LED keyboard is if they do the responsive ripple (something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB_SSMBcpq4 )

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816056&cm_re=strafe-_-23-816-056-_-Product

Bit more. Same great Corsair software as the K70, so you CAN do the ripple effect, with the all-red LEDs. Great build quality.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

19 hours ago, whiteGloveReview said:

I'm in the market for a gaming keyboard, and I don't really have a huge budget for one. LEDs are a nice addon (the only really cool thing I'd get one for is for the little ripple effect when you hit a key, I'd pay a little extra for a keyboard with that effect) but not required, I'd like a responsive and clicky switch so something like a Cherry Blue but I've heard that Blues aren't the best decision for a gamer. For reference, I've been playing a lot of Overwatch but I dabble in most genres of gaming (stuff like Kerbal Space Program for example) and I do a fair bit of typing but I'm not a HUGE fan of Cherry Browns, they don't have the response I like.

Logitech 710+ cherry mx switches

14 minutes ago, whiteGloveReview said:

I don't follow. 

It's a keyboard which is what you asked of correct? 

Logitech 710+ mx switches<best keyboard I've ever owned> I think it's cherry mx brown switches I gotta check when I get home 

Pro:quite,quick response time,macros,volume scroll wheel,leds,wrist rest,usb 3.0 or 2.0 behind keyboard,never needing charged beacuse wired.

Cons;only white leds,and maybe beacuse it's wired?

1 minute ago, charles899 said:

Logitech 710+ mx switches

Pro:quite,quick response time,macros,volume scroll wheel,leds,wrist rest,usb 3.0 or 2.0 behind keyboard,never needing charged beacuse wired.

1. I'd like Blue switches

2. I said LEDs are super optional, I suppose I should say that extranious bits and bobs like macros, media keys, passthroughs etc. are also optional.

4 minutes ago, whiteGloveReview said:

1. I'd like Blue switches

2. I said LEDs are super optional, I suppose I should say that extranious bits and bobs like macros, media keys, passthroughs etc. are also optional.

The keyboard is 87 new from amazon. I was giving you pros n cons of the keyboard. LEDs is a added bonuse and the cherry mx brown switches on this keyboard you barly press it maybe half way or 1/4 and it activates the key. it's amazeing all the bonuses and features for the price just my opinion :). never tried blues but this keyboard is amazeing I'll leave it at that

The keyboard is 87 new from amazon. I was giving you pros n cons of the keyboard. LEDs is a added bonuse and the cherry mx brown switches on this keyboard you barly press it maybe half way or 1/4 and it activates the key. it's amazeing all the bonuses and features for the price just my opinion :)

yes but I've tried browns in the past (that specific keyboard at my local walmart) and I don't like the response in the keys. and doing some research I found that there is a blue version of that keyboard... for $150

6 minutes ago, whiteGloveReview said:

yes but I've tried browns in the past (that specific keyboard at my local walmart) and I don't like the response in the keys. and doing some research I found that there is a blue version of that keyboard... for $150

Different strokes for different folks. I love the keyboard it's response time is lightning fast. blue for double the price I'm sure it's worth it beacuse a year ago I paid 100 or 120 for my keyboard V.v

3 hours ago, charles899 said:

Logitech 710+ mx switches<best keyboard I've ever owned> I think it's cherry mx brown switches I gotta check when I get home 

2 hours ago, charles899 said:

The keyboard is 87 new from amazon. I was giving you pros n cons of the keyboard. LEDs is a added bonuse and the cherry mx brown switches on this keyboard you barly press it maybe half way or 1/4 and it activates the key. it's amazeing all the bonuses and features for the price just my opinion :). never tried blues but this keyboard is amazeing I'll leave it at that

OK, no offense, but clearly you don't know a lot about Cherry switches. :P Blues and browns both have a 4mm travel with 2mm actuation point. There is no difference in the 'responsiveness' between Blues and Browns besides the slightly lower force of Browns.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

OK, no offense, but clearly you don't know a lot about Cherry switches. :P Blues and browns both have a 4mm travel with 2mm actuation point. There is no difference in the 'responsiveness' between Blues and Browns besides the slightly lower force of Browns.

"Never owned blues" either by what you are saying blues is a fancy brown that you mash the keys down and blues is double the price okay

"Never owned blues"

Neither have I, I'm just saying your info could be misleading to OP as all Cherry switches trigger halfway down xD

3 hours ago, charles899 said:

you barly press it maybe half way or 1/4 and it activates the key

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

Just now, Shiv78 said:

Neither have I, I'm just saying your info could be misleading to OP as all Cherry switches trigger halfway down xD

Yes but it's not misleading when it's true? never stated nothing about blues

guys, so you know, I've done a lot of research on Cherry switches and I know that I don't want browns because again I've typed on a Brown keyboard before. I don't like them. From the multiple videos I've seen, they don't sound right to me and from my typing on browns, they don't feel right to me. I haven't typed on a Blue keyboard but from what I've seen from vids it seems to be my style.

From what I'm looking at around I think I'll like Azio's Levitron Mech5 for a couple reasons. 1 full sized keyboard. again I use numpad all the time because I was never really taught to use the numberline and I always default to sliding my right hand to the numpad for number entry. 2. it's $75 on amazon, flat, no shipping, no bs. 3. as a bonus, 5 macros on the keyboard with an additional 6 macros mounted on a rail above the function keys. (and possibly I could get more macro mounts in the future?)

G910. Build Quality is unmatched.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

4 hours ago, Praesi said:

G910. Build Quality is unmatched.

WTF? Did you even read anything in this thread?

-very expensive

-Romer-G switches, which are NOTHING like Blues

-RGB LEDs, which are extremely optional for OP

10 hours ago, whiteGloveReview said:

From what I'm looking at around I think I'll like Azio's Levitron Mech5 for a couple reasons. 1 full sized keyboard. again I use numpad all the time because I was never really taught to use the numberline and I always default to sliding my right hand to the numpad for number entry. 2. it's $75 on amazon, flat, no shipping, no bs. 3. as a bonus, 5 macros on the keyboard with an additional 6 macros mounted on a rail above the function keys. (and possibly I could get more macro mounts in the future?)

That keyboard has MX Blacks, and is $75 USED not new

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

1 hour ago, Shiv78 said:

Unlike you, yes.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

9 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Unlike you, yes.

He was one of the first repliers to this post and i'm not getting that because it's out of my price range, LEDs, and Romer-Gs. I want Cherrys.

2 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

-very expensive

-Romer-G switches, which are NOTHING like Blues

-RGB LEDs, which are extremely optional for OP

That keyboard has MX Blacks, and is $75 USED not new

yes they're blacks butI think i can settle because it doesn't look like there's a good set of blues from my price range, i guess i'm just being cheap. and yeah used. i'm ok with that as long as the keyboard works as intended.

5 minutes ago, whiteGloveReview said:

yes they're blacks butI think i can settle because it doesn't look like there's a good set of blues from my price range, i guess i'm just being cheap. and yeah used. i'm ok with that as long as the keyboard works as intended.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201062&cm_re=rosewill_mechanical-_-23-201-062-_-Product 

omg I forgot about this one, $25 after rebate with red LEDS and real MX Blues!

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

16 minutes ago, whiteGloveReview said:

what do you guys think about this? it's Gamdias' Hermes. just stumbled upon this browsing LTT's vid on it. for a one color keyboard and 82+shipping for rbg, what are you guys' thoughts on it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014TMKSHO/ref=twister_B01I5OS8BU?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Not Cherry switches, but quality seems OK.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

22 minutes ago, whiteGloveReview said:

Make sure that you get the Apollo from Newegg so you get that sweet $25 mechanical KB

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN: